Really bad pain all day

Update: I saw my GI office today. It was a wonderful Nurse Practitioner who listened intently to my entire history, asked questions and was very thorough in her exam. I am scheduled for an EGD & Colonoscopy this coming Tuesday. If that shows nothing they will look at capsule camera endoscopy.

Hopefully this gets to the bottom of things. I am not so sure that I don't have an intestinal hernia starting to cause issues again and I have not ruled out appendicitis (some fluid was found around it on CT last week and I have had some pain in that area the last few days but it seems to go away when I poop or pass a lot of gas...so who knows). In any case I am pleased somebody is going to do some actually testing to properly diagnose/rule out what might be going on.

Last edited:
Well finally! I'm glad someone is getting to the bottom of this...so to speak.

Doesn't sound at all lie appendicitis. You would have been a lot sicker by now unless you had chronic appendicitis, which is quite rare. I'm still going with gastritis or ulcer. I might be wrong but I'm no waffler.

Obviously your just a tad more medically savvy than yours truly, but I agree on the appendicitis.... It hurts really bad at times I just to the left of my right hip bone but I agree in that I would think it would have been a lot worse by now.

And lol, doubling down on your diagnosis! :p

You are probably right

Ovarian cyst.
Hahaha

I LOVE NP. I usually use them for my GP. The one I had actually went to a weekend resistant high blood pressure seminar to see if she could get the bottom of why mine won't go all the way down. They tend to be really up on the newest stuff and I've found the actually listen to me. I am studying to be a therapist and there is a LOT of research involved if you want to stay up on stuff. I'm a natural researcher, so I normally always have something in my hands when I go to the doctor. When I gained that "mystery 60+ lbs" last year, I was the one who dug around until I figured out it was a RARE side effect to something as "innocent" as hydrochlorothiazide. Something they give to about everyone once in their lifetime. It shot my insulin through the roof and I was gaining 5-7lbs a month from April to November last year. If she hadn't been the type to listen to me I'm not sure what I would have done, except find someone new. LOL

Glad to hear your sorting through things. Hopefully you'll get to feeling better soon.

Ovarian cyst.

LOL That's what I was thinking too. Sounds exactly like what I went through before they had to take an ovary out of me. They didn't catch it until it was softball sized because I was "too fat". An NP found it. This is why my PCP is an NP. :)

I hope you get a diagnosis and feel better real soon.

@DSRIGGS i haven't been around in a while so trying to get caught up on what's going on with everyone.
I'm so sorry to read you're having issues again. I was really hoping after your surgery in CA that you would be all better and back to good health.
I hope the scopes find your issue and that it's an easy fix!
How's Cameron doing?

@DSRIGGS i haven't been around in a while so trying to get caught up on what's going on with everyone.
I'm so sorry to read you're having issues again. I was really hoping after your surgery in CA that you would be all better and back to good health.
I hope the scopes find your issue and that it's an easy fix!
How's Cameron doing?
@star0210

Cameron is doing pretty well. Thanks for asking.

I really think I have another internal hernia but we will see. The CT didn't show a blockage but it didn't on my first one either. They found minor internal bleeding when I was in the ER with hemoglobin taking a significant drop so they suspect an ulcer or possibly bleeding polyp. Hopefully the scopes today find something easily fixed.

BTW clear liquids yesterday and today along with Suprep for colonoscopy, sucks! I want some eggs, almond butter/jelly oatnut toast and bacon so bad I am ready to go nuts

Latest posts

Back