question for vets

cheryl baker

I am currently almost 18 months out. I have battled serious stomach issues and malnutrition issues since 8 months out. Over the summer I had infusions (iron and something for my calcium). In September I started working again. Part time but it requires me to walk to and from work and I am on my feet all day walking. I had reached 147 and have stayed there for quite a while. Still suffering with stomach issues. All of a sudden the past month the weight has started just pouring off. Despite me eating "bad" things. This week has been the worst. I lost 4 lbs in the past 5 days. My goal had been 145 lbs but hoping to hit 140. today I weighted in at 137.5.. But I also have noticed that my stomach issues appear to be gone. Normal bowel movements the first time since February.
I had thought I was over weight loss since I had sat at 147 for so long. Has anyone else experienced anything like this. People are saying I am getting too skinny. I do not see it but after my gastric bypass in 2000 I had got down to 140 and looking at pictures of me than after the fact I see what they had seen that I looked horrid. So I must look even worse now since I am even smaller.
I am torn because I love the fact that I am still loosing but also worried about how all of a sudden the weight is just pouring off me. I purposely ate bad the past 2 days to try to make it slow but that has seemed to only make it faster...
is this normal???? I feel fine otherwise. I will be getting my labs done in a couple of weeks to see if there has been any improvement but i worry that this weight loss is a sign I am still not doing well.
any advice???
thanks

See if you can get your labs done today or at a minimum on Monday.

Our "normal" WLS is supposedly the first 2 years so you are still in that window but we need a bit more info. How tall are you so we know what your current BMI is...if still in the 21-25 BMI, I wouldn't panic YET. But your labs will tell the REAL story. You need those pulled so you can see if something else is going on.

I am not a vet, but do you think your weight loss is related to you increasing your activity and walking to and from work and standing all day? Also wondering if "bad food" (your words) is related to the stomach issues.

@cheryl baker even if you eat tons of bad food with high calories you can still be malnourished my story is same as yours. 2000 rny 2013 revision. This is my second time being malnourished. Look at the temples on your head if they indent you're severely malnourished. If you are not eating enough protein instead of bad foods your system will start to eat any fat that it finds. The temples is where you notice easiest. My bat wings lift up and my tummy goes completely flat. Get Labs and get to the dr!

Latest posts

Back