question about fat and calories

Me? It just makes me feel crappy, kind of a bit nauseated. I noticed the other day that ranch dressing wasn't sitting well either so my dr. is changing my PPI, so I hope it also helps with me with other fat as well.

@katsmeow07 yes definitely search them, you will want the recipe. They are a sweet treat full of fat.
Hmmm. Sounds like you need to go slowly then. If your gallbladder is gone, you might take longer to tolerate more fat.

The dry skin is also about. hydration. PUSH those fluids like a fiend.

My little trick for improving dry skin is this: In the shower, after washing, slather yourself with hair conditioner--super cheap stuff is fine--before you rinse the conditioner out of your hair. Don't rinse it off beyond the water running over you while you rinse your hair. Then pat dry. It will seal in a fair amount of moisture.

Then lotion up as usual.

I got the fluids covered, really. I keep saying that. I'm doing great eating too. I just had about 3 Oz of pureed chili for lunch. Making the ricotta bake for dinner later. I'm just not used to little things, like there were little bits of skin from the beans in the chili, i tried to pick them out but I get paranoid about little things like that.
How many ounces of fluids have you consumed today?

The reason we keep coming back to the fluids is because of your posts. You are obsessing in these posts about things that are currently meaningless, and you do not sound, in these posts, like you are "getting" it.

If I have not confused you with someone else, you were talking about something like 2 oz. of fluids per hour. Was that you? If it *was* you, then you are dehydrated.

How many ounces of fluids have you consumed today?

The reason we keep coming back to the fluids is because of your posts. You are obsessing in these posts about things that are currently meaningless, and you do not sound, in these posts, like you are "getting" it.

If I have not confused you with someone else, you were talking about something like 2 oz. of fluids per hour. Was that you? If it *was* you, then you are dehydrated.
Pretty much what EN just said. And what I said before and what KathyF said and SHales said and so on. I mean...unless you don't want the vets to give honest answers to questions...in which case you should say so.

While chili and ricotta bake and "enough" protein may seem like real accomplishments at a week post-op, they are a road map to disaster at a week post-op.

Right now, you need hydration. And EN keeps asking how much fluid you have drunk and an answer would be helpful...to YOUR health.

You sound WAY TOO STRESSED about stuff that should not be an issue yet...like bean skin in chili...or how many calories. You stomach has just been through hell. You need to slow down, relax, drink more water and if you are rally stressed about protein, drink a few of those protein bullets every day. They are not ideal, by any means, but your body is likely NOT ready for the effort you are making right now.

Nope, it wasn't me saying 2 Oz an hour. I've been counting and have had at least 64 oz. My urine is light yellow and I'm peeing every few hours. I'm fine with the hydration. No need to be nasty

Nope, it wasn't me saying 2 Oz an hour. I've been counting and have had at least 64 oz. My urine is light yellow and I'm peeing every few hours. I'm fine with the hydration. No need to be nasty

No need to be nasty? EN is being very kind considering how dense you seem to be.

Eat whatever the fuck you want. And do let us know how your ER visit goes.

And I will be blocking you now, since I don't respond well to "dumbth."

No need to be nasty? EN is being very kind considering how dense you seem to be.

Eat whatever the fuck you want. And do let us know how your ER visit goes.

And I will be blocking you now, since I don't respond well to "dumbth."
She obviously needs to go back to reading RNY sites, where they are not nasty. Fuck this shit.

moderating, here - the mutual blockings need to happen & I deleted one post.

@katsmeow07 - I also couldn't tell how your hydration was going - you said it was fine but no details, instead a lot of talk about food. it's worrysome, OK? and this is how some people respond.

block them and move on

@katsmeow07 - you should understand that many people here were still on CLEAR liquids a week after surgery, some even longer than that. Talking about eating beans and ricotta bake at this point seems totally ridiculous to me. What is your surgeon's food progression schedule? I was on clear liquids for a week, then full liquids a week, then puréed food for a week, soft foods for a week, then SLOWLY introducing food. Many people have progressions much slower than that.

yes - I was still on liquids at this point. and it took me a week to work up to the 64 ounces a day. and I do mean work - I had to sip all day long.

@katsmeow07 - you should understand that many people here were still on CLEAR liquids a week after surgery, some even longer than that. Talking about eating beans and ricotta bake at this point seems totally ridiculous to me. What is your surgeon's food progression schedule? I was on clear liquids for a week, then full liquids a week, then puréed food for a week, soft foods for a week, then SLOWLY introducing food. Many people have progressions much slower than that.
Ah, but what to eat at Disney six months from now is more important than all of that, doncha know.

There are some who had no food progression. I was one of them. 5 days postop I was eating hamburger with melted cheese and salsa. All I was told was to eat very slowly. I knew I ate too fast so I took a bite and turned over an egg timer(Dina McBride's idea). Worked like a charm. 10 days out I was eating steak with no issues. That was not all that unusual back when I had the DS. I believe docs who didn't use the Val-trac started with the food progression when they realized we needed(and expected) to be told what to eat!

Seems like all these rules are now the norm. And it seems to *me* people are having more problems eating and drinking than they did when I was a newbie. I wonder if other oldies have noticed this too?

I never had problems at all eating or drinking. Maybe I would be thinner today if I had been restricted to water and shakes for a couple months post-op!

There are some who had no food progression. I was one of them. 5 days postop I was eating hamburger with melted cheese and salsa. All I was told was to eat very slowly. I knew I ate too fast so I took a bite and turned over an egg timer(Dina McBride's idea). Worked like a charm. 10 days out I was eating steak with no issues. That was not all that unusual back when I had the DS. I believe docs who didn't use the Val-trac started with the food progression when they realized we needed(and expected) to be told what to eat!

Seems like all these rules are now the norm. And it seems to *me* people are having more problems eating and drinking than they did when I was a newbie. I wonder if other oldies have noticed this too?

I never had problems at all eating or drinking. Maybe I would be thinner today if I had been restricted to water and shakes for a couple months post-op!
OMG, the thought of a hamburger with cheese and salsa at a week out makes my stomach hurt! It is crazy, the variations in the diet progressions from surgeon to surgeon- some seem to have to suffer way more than others and some have almost no rules, which seems irresponsible to me.

My experience was similar. Well, I don't think I was eating hamburger at 5 days postop. I think I was eating applesauce and mashed potatoes at the hospital then. Once I was out I stayed with my mother for a week or two. I believe I was eating poached eggs and saltines. Had no problem drinking enough water. Did prefer hot water and had the weird experience of the water just sort of filling back up my esophagus when I tried to drink too much at one time. I don't remember hearing much about strictures then either. I never vomited. I never ended up at the ER for fluids.

I do know they make the stomach a lot smaller now. My daughter had the sleeve with Dr. Jossart last October and she still can't eat more that a few bites at a time. I went with her to a support group meeting and he did tell me that they were making the sleeve much smaller now then when I had my surgery.

Latest posts

Back