Protein Tip possible help on the protein front

Kittykatkris

I just wanted to pass this on incase it may help anyone.
As you know I have had a hard time getting my protein. Even now 5 months out one shake is about all I can do to get it down because I just cant stand the taste and texture, I actually gag. So I was doing those 42 gram shots which a very sweet and are collagen protein not whey.

Any who, What I found that seems to be working for me, Is a little bit of milk, a scoop of vanilla protein powder (20 grams) and then a Danon Okios zero greek yogurt (15 grams) I blend it all up in my ninja (add an ice cube or two if you like it cold) and walah!
35 grams of protein.
I do not do the 1 cup of milk, I just do about 1/2 that. I like to have as little as possible so I can just get it over with lol.

But it actually is tolerable this way. And if I can manage to get myself to do TWO of these a day. Plus my normal intake of about 60 grams thru regular food I will be over 100 grams a day!!

Which is where I have been struggle to get to for almost half a year now.

I hope that helps some people

Whatever a person needs to do is what they need to do. Best protein is one a person likes and can afford.

But Clematis has a good question. How are you doing on food source protein (meat, eggs, dairy, etc)?

Soooo Meats I have no issues I love
But eggs...the make me queasy just think about eating them which they kind of always did. It was either i ate them alot or never cause they made me sick. Dairy, milk not a big fan but do it when I can. Cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, butter, riccotta so on LOVE LOVE LOVE.
I eat often, about 5 small meals a day with about 15 to 20 grams of protein in each one.

Sometimes I am busy and only eat about 4 xs a day.
So with the one shake I am close to where I need to be but two shakes would make it easy.

My blood work showed 7.5 protein I believe and Albumin 4.4. So according to my blood work I am doing ok on protein and that was before I started forcing the one shake a day. I have my 6 months labs next month so we shall see if there is a reason to force 2 shakes a day or I can get by with one.

@southernlady
what do you think about keeping the protein at 80 grams like I have been, if the blood work is good should there be an issue or should I up it to 100

@southernlady
what do you think about keeping the protein at 80 grams like I have been, if the blood work is good should there be an issue or should I up it to 100
As long as your protein labs are okay, one should be enough. At some point, you should be able to eat enough food to drop that but not everyone does.

Okay so 4-5 times a day? I eat closer to 10 (as in about every 2 hours, LOL.

Latest posts

Back