Prolea and other bone building medications

I want to follow your lead on this. Are you taking 100,000 IUs of vitamin D daily prophylactically or in response to a deficiency? Your vitamin A dose is high...150,000 IU/d. If that is in response to a deficiency, have you considered a vitamin A injection? Is your calcium as carbonate, citrate or hydroxyapatite?

I know this is heretical, and I am no biochemist, but might there be any potential value in taking some oil-based ADEK vitamins (in addition to what we are taking as dry) in the event of deficiency? If the DS math is 20% absorption of fats from food, isn't it possible that some deficiencies might be helped by taking two forms of vitamins? Just thinking...

@KathrynK i think if you are anal at following your labs, you are doing your best. Remember, osteoporosis has several causes of which many are genetic and even with stellar labs, you can still end up with it.

KathernK all of my vit. dosages are based on current lab values. My attached vit. schedule does not reflect a recent change I made in the type of calcium I take. I now take equal amounts of Cal. cit. and Cal. hydroxyapatite (MCHA) (for my bones). I've never considered injections, because I can control my lab values with pills. I'd rather take a pill than run in and get injections. I've never took ADEK suppliments. My surgeon (Dr. Hess) didn't endorse them. You have much more control to fine tune your lab values if you take each supplement individually. I'm no biochemist either, but I think taking any supplement in an oil based form would be a waste. It would just slide through. Same goes for any medication suspended in oil. I can't tell you how many times I've had to remind my MD of this. All the best!

Thank you for that link. I'd seen it SOMEwhere (mb even from you over on fb?) and then couldn't find it. I've waited years and years for this.
Are you in Dr K's private group? Dawn was the person who told me about the stuff. I have three stoned in my kidneys now that showed on my last CT. The previous had shown only one. I think two of them are 4mm and one is 3mm. My system has been so messed up and I take so much stuff now that I haven't tried it yet but I am going to sometime in the next few months. I know how much suffer with those evil bastards so I hope this stuff can work for you

BTW somebody posted a YouTube video of a surgeon in the OR holding what looked like one side of scrotum that was stretched out. It was a bladder and he cut the thing open and pulled out three stones that were basically shaped like a dice but they were probably 1.5 inches squared each. I don't know where exactly they formed but I can't imagine it came out of the liver.....Anyway they were crazy.

Thank you for sharing what supplements your taking, my list similar but you are taking a few that I may need to add. The Stress B-50 is one of them. Here is what I'm currently taking:

Bone Up 3/day (1,000 Hydroxyapatite, this is the 3 per day type also) Looking at this I'm not sure if I'm taking enough of these.
Upcal D 3 scoops/day (500 Elemental each scoop)
Proferrin 1
Magnesium Citrate 3/day (500 mg, Vitalady)
Zinc 2 per day (50mg, labs are a little low)
Tender Cooper 2 per day (5mg, I just added an additional one in October. Vitalady)
Boron 3 per day (3 mg, Puritan Pride)
Folic Acid 1 per day (5,000 mcg, Biotech)
K1-1000 2/day (Biotech)
K2-MK7 2/day (150 mcg, Biotech)
Vit A 4/day (25,000, Biotech)
Vit E 1/day (400 IU, Biotech)
Vit D3-50 2/day (50,000IU, Biotech) I'm bringing labs up from 66, I cut back since I was at 104 a few years ago but they drop pretty fast)
Centrum Silver 2/day

I may need to try the Strontium also, I'm not good at taking the supplements that need to be taken alone.

I also take prescription Calcitriol Caps to help absorb calcium, I'm not sure it helps but it was recommended by my surgeon. I have also added milk to my diet last year with his recommendation. I think my labs are due right after the holidays, I'll post how they are going.

Ruby

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back