Kissing X revision report

Poodles

Someone contacted me regarding my status, so I thought I'd post an update.

Since my reversal in January 2016 I have gained 60lbs. On purpose. Now, I have hit the "oh shit, I gotta maintain" point in my journey. I weigh 180, size 14. I take 2 DS multi, 1500 mg calcium, 1000mg vit C, and 4 Super Colon Cleanse daily. One 50,000 iu dry vitamin D a week.

The messed up part of the weight issue is I am eating mostly raw, vegan, organic, gluten free low carb and still have a sleeve. Of course, I ate all kinds of crap at first to gain weight. Now, I'm smart enough to stop.

Even on thanksgiving, I took a bite of the usual stuff and thought to myself, it's not worth it. Now, I am regretting the sweets. Not because of the calories, but because I woke up hungry. Sugar puts me in a horrible cycle. I'm gonna need to detox from thanksgiving!

Since my reversal, I've been getting better! I can walk again!

Had my reversal in January. Was walking with a walker in March. Using a cane in May. Totally by myself in June. Drop foot issue and leg braces are gone! Neurological issues (shaking uncontrollably) gone.

Started slow doing water walking and water aerobics. Then graduated to land when I was confident I would not fall. Now, I am doing 30 minutes on the recumbent bike, weights, and going to Silver and Fit classes 3 times a week at the gym. I'm the youngest one in class, and after 4 weeks I can keep up with the 80 year olds. My hip still has issues, but I'm managing.

My kidneys are better. I am processing oxalates better and have not had a UTI since January. Go next week to see if I have any stones.

My neurological issues are improving. My doctors are amazed. My most recent EMG had my doctor shaking his head because of improvement.

Although the weight management is back at this point. I am VERY happy with my reversal decision. I did everything they told me to, and the doctors didn't put my symptoms together with malnutrition until it damn near killed me. All the lab work they were checking was good. It was the stuff they didn't think to check that was killing me. My copper, thiamine, selenium, were extremely low. **if your zinc is low, check copper too**

If anyone runs into this situation I recommend that you try to correct issues with increased vitamins first. Liquid if you must. If your body is like mine, and it just won't absorb them, then consider a reversal. It's not something to be done lightly. It is every bit as dangerous as the first surgery. The reversal was my last ditch effort. I was being fed thru tubes, bedridden, and dying.

The human body is a miraculous thing. It will heal if you give it what it needs. I try to follow a modified Gerson Therapy diet. It was made for a migraine cure, but they found it helped everything from MS to cancer. Since I was diagnosed with PLS, I gave it a try. Now that my malnutrition issues have been resolved, my nerves are healing. It's a bitch in regards to pain management, but the fact that I feel pain means the nerves are healing. My doctor says I'll be "hyper-sensitive" while the nerves heal, but it should level out.

As for specifics of what I eat a typical day consists of 2 eggs, corn tortilla or gluten free bread, mini bell peppers, broccoli sprouts, avocado, red onion, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, grapefruit, Apple, banana, tomato, some type of bean with onions/garlic. Love Edamame for snacks. Drink pea protein milk.
Don't eat a lot of fat.

I don't look at a salad as punishment anymore. Granted, I don't like lettuce, but other veggies are wonderful. I like them now. They are what saved me. Once I realized that I had to eat well to be well, it was easy. Ben and Jerry are not my friends. That bag of mini bell peppers may be gone in one sitting, but that is so much better for me than sweets. I'll even run into Kroger for some fruit vs going thru a drive thru. Vietnamese PHO with no noodles and twice the sprouts is awesome!! I've even learned to make my own broth (I omit the sugar) and pour the broth over various veggies at home.

The Asian cultures and vegetarian cultures have figured out a lot of stuff for us. Curry is awesome. I use Penzy Spices Now Curry, Chili 9000, and Sandwich sprinkle (on everything). I don't use salad dressing. Just season with a good blend of spices. Not to save calories, but because it tastes good!

My lab work is mostly normal. I'm still dealing with calcium, iron, and PTH issues due to calcium uptake. But, everything is in normal range.

I'm off all but one medication.

My doctors are happy with my numbers and my weight. My mineralologist actually put in my plan to maintain at 180 and continue vitamins as is. Then he told me not to change a thing in my diet because doing something "stupid" to try to lose weight could ruin everything I've done since January. So my goal is to maintain. My body is holding onto everything, it is still healing. Haven't quite figured out a perfect calorie count. I just eat when I'm hungry and try to make good choices.

I am very happy with my reversal. I'm out of a wheelchair and walking again.

I'm so glad you're recovering from the abyss. My only concern is that your present diet seems very low on protein, though perhaps you are getting more from the veggies than it sounds like (I'm no expert on vegan or near vegan stuff). I hope the recovery will continue apace.

That's too funny. I was kind of waiting on the protein comment. Pea protein, eggs, soy, and beans give me around 50+ grams of protein a day. Doctor says I need 40+. Honestly try to hit 80+ a day. Sometimes I make it, sometimes not. But as long as I'm over 50, I feel ok. My protein has been low to mid normal range when checked, so I just eat what I want, drink pea protein milk, and eat nuts sometimes too.

https://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/beans-legumes-highest-protein.php

Beans/vegetable protein seem to work best for me. I think I have an allergy to beef. My joints actually hurt after I eat meat. My doctor wants me to get allergy tested, but insurance won't cover it.

Found that eggs and beans don't give my body a reaction. I'm gluten intolerant and lactose intolerant now too for some odd reason. So basically, if it hurts me, I don't eat it.

I hadn't considered the pea protein milk - a product I've never used or, for that matter, heard of before. Clearly you are doing something right or you wouldn't be back from the near dead. I'm just very happy for you - you made a tough decision and it has paid off.

That's too funny. I was kind of waiting on the protein comment. Pea protein, eggs, soy, and beans give me around 50+ grams of protein a day. Doctor says I need 40+. Honestly try to hit 80+ a day. Sometimes I make it, sometimes not. But as long as I'm over 50, I feel ok. My protein has been low to mid normal range when checked, so I just eat what I want, drink pea protein milk, and eat nuts sometimes too.

https://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/beans-legumes-highest-protein.php

Beans/vegetable protein seem to work best for me. I think I have an allergy to beef. My joints actually hurt after I eat meat. My doctor wants me to get allergy tested, but insurance won't cover it.

Found that eggs and beans don't give my body a reaction. I'm gluten intolerant and lactose intolerant now too for some odd reason.

Amazing progress. What you are doing is working so keep it up!

And I love Penzeys too! When I lived in MN I went in to one of their real stores. It smelled so wonderful!

Someone contacted me regarding my status, so I thought I'd post an update.

Since my reversal in January 2016 I have gained 60lbs. On purpose. Now, I have hit the "oh shit, I gotta maintain" point in my journey. I weigh 180, size 14. I take 2 DS multi, 1500 mg calcium, 1000mg vit C, and 4 Super Colon Cleanse daily. One 50,000 iu dry vitamin D a week.

The messed up part of the weight issue is I am eating mostly raw, vegan, organic, gluten free low carb and still have a sleeve. Of course, I ate all kinds of crap at first to gain weight. Now, I'm smart enough to stop.

Even on thanksgiving, I took a bite of the usual stuff and thought to myself, it's not worth it. Now, I am regretting the sweets. Not because of the calories, but because I woke up hungry. Sugar puts me in a horrible cycle. I'm gonna need to detox from thanksgiving!

Since my reversal, I've been getting better! I can walk again!

Had my reversal in January. Was walking with a walker in March. Using a cane in May. Totally by myself in June. Drop foot issue and leg braces are gone! Neurological issues (shaking uncontrollably) gone.

Started slow doing water walking and water aerobics. Then graduated to land when I was confident I would not fall. Now, I am doing 30 minutes on the recumbent bike, weights, and going to Silver and Fit classes 3 times a week at the gym. I'm the youngest one in class, and after 4 weeks I can keep up with the 80 year olds. My hip still has issues, but I'm managing.

My kidneys are better. I am processing oxalates better and have not had a UTI since January. Go next week to see if I have any stones.

My neurological issues are improving. My doctors are amazed. My most recent EMG had my doctor shaking his head because of improvement.

Although the weight management is back at this point. I am VERY happy with my reversal decision. I did everything they told me to, and the doctors didn't put my symptoms together with malnutrition until it damn near killed me. All the lab work they were checking was good. It was the stuff they didn't think to check that was killing me. My copper, thiamine, selenium, were extremely low. **if your zinc is low, check copper too**

If anyone runs into this situation I recommend that you try to correct issues with increased vitamins first. Liquid if you must. If your body is like mine, and it just won't absorb them, then consider a reversal. It's not something to be done lightly. It is every bit as dangerous as the first surgery. The reversal was my last ditch effort. I was being fed thru tubes, bedridden, and dying.

The human body is a miraculous thing. It will heal if you give it what it needs. I try to follow a modified Gerson Therapy diet. It was made for a migraine cure, but they found it helped everything from MS to cancer. Since I was diagnosed with PLS, I gave it a try. Now that my malnutrition issues have been resolved, my nerves are healing. It's a bitch in regards to pain management, but the fact that I feel pain means the nerves are healing. My doctor says I'll be "hyper-sensitive" while the nerves heal, but it should level out.

As for specifics of what I eat a typical day consists of 2 eggs, corn tortilla or gluten free bread, mini bell peppers, broccoli sprouts, avocado, red onion, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, grapefruit, Apple, banana, tomato, some type of bean with onions/garlic. Love Edamame for snacks. Drink pea protein milk.
Don't eat a lot of fat.

I don't look at a salad as punishment anymore. Granted, I don't like lettuce, but other veggies are wonderful. I like them now. They are what saved me. Once I realized that I had to eat well to be well, it was easy. Ben and Jerry are not my friends. That bag of mini bell peppers may be gone in one sitting, but that is so much better for me than sweets. I'll even run into Kroger for some fruit vs going thru a drive thru. Vietnamese PHO with no noodles and twice the sprouts is awesome!! I've even learned to make my own broth (I omit the sugar) and pour the broth over various veggies at home.

The Asian cultures and vegetarian cultures have figured out a lot of stuff for us. Curry is awesome. I use Penzy Spices Now Curry, Chili 9000, and Sandwich sprinkle (on everything). I don't use salad dressing. Just season with a good blend of spices. Not to save calories, but because it tastes good!

My lab work is mostly normal. I'm still dealing with calcium, iron, and PTH issues due to calcium uptake. But, everything is in normal range.

I'm off all but one medication.

My doctors are happy with my numbers and my weight. My mineralologist actually put in my plan to maintain at 180 and continue vitamins as is. Then he told me not to change a thing in my diet because doing something "stupid" to try to lose weight could ruin everything I've done since January. So my goal is to maintain. My body is holding onto everything, it is still healing. Haven't quite figured out a perfect calorie count. I just eat when I'm hungry and try to make good choices.

I am very happy with my reversal. I'm out of a wheelchair and walking again.

Would you mind sharing who your surgeon was?

Would you mind sharing who your surgeon was?
Her original surgeon was Dr. Steward in TX who passed away about 4ish years ago. I don't know who did her revision. Possibly Dr. Ayoola who was training with Stewart and took over the practice after Stewart passed away.

I'm not familiar with your story but I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. Any time you can amaze doctors with your improvements good for you! :D

I' M so happy that everything is working out. I have been malnourished 3 0r 4 times. I understand your pain. Hopefully most things will reverse it' self. Not sure how much mines did because I had the nerve damage prior to being malnourished. Congratulations I hope you keep making the awesome progress. Sometimes being where the charts PUTS you is not always best for a person!

Her original surgeon was Dr. Steward in TX who passed away about 4ish years ago. I don't know who did her revision. Possibly Dr. Ayoola who was training with Stewart and took over the practice after Stewart passed away.
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back