Presumably burglars and stalkers can't read here yet

Sunday AM I got on the phone and chewed every ass I could find from Alamo, Priceline and National - and I got my husband added to the rental contract without any additional charge, and without having to drive back to Dulles.

Saw my sister, mother and my friend who I met when she was our nanny when my kids were little, and one of her daughters, who is my goddaughter (she's in college now!). She made the most amazing chili with Sierra Leonean spices - and OMG my husband and I have both been paying for it since last night! Today I went to work and my husband's daughter and our granddaughter (not quite 3) came over, and I met them for dinner after work.

I updated my law school lecture today - only to learn that it is more likely than not going to be canceled on account of snow. It is supposed to snow 4-6" update: 6-8"! during the day and class isn't until 8 PM. Speaking of which - WHY AM I HERE??
1526449_645676048808091_1691583960_n.jpg

I have two responses to do this week, before I go have fun in NYC next week. I was relieved to look at them and see neither was terribly difficult. I also have to do an employee review this week too, and it's not going to be fun.

I might just say screw it and go make a snowman in the courtyard tomorrow. After all, we don't GET snow days in California!

Last edited:
It is grey and damp and overcast and cold outside - the snow should start shortly. The Federal Gov't is closed today, so unless the Patent Examiner I was going to have a telephonic interview with can do it from home, that's off too. GMU has announced it is closed, and presumably the law school will be too, so no class tonight - I'll have to give the lecture when I come back in April.

I will go in the office and get as much work done as possible today, since there isn't anything else to do - and I can get there without going outside, as the hotel and my office are connected underground.

It is grey and damp and overcast and cold outside - the snow should start shortly. The Federal Gov't is closed today, so unless the Patent Examiner I was going to have a telephonic interview with can do it from home, that's off too. GMU has announced it is closed, and presumably the law school will be too, so no class tonight - I'll have to give the lecture when I come back in April.

I will go in the office and get as much work done as possible today, since there isn't anything else to do - and I can get there without going outside, as the hotel and my office are connected underground.
I left work at about 10:30 this morning, and I am so glad that I did. The roads are horrible here. It's snowing so much they closed the King of Prussia Mall. It's not supposed to stop until the middle of the night. Might be even worse where EN is.

It's really coming down here, and blowing some. The snow is fairly powdery, so there will be some drifting. Total snowfall is supposed to be heavier closer to the shore. I'm glad I decided to blow off going to class and work on campus, as I got the call that the place was closing down right about the time I'd have been finishing my makeup. As it is, I got to stay in sweats and burro under my down throw all day :).

EN...hope you enjoy your visit. Have fun in NYC visiting with fellow DSers! Good luck on building that snowman! If you get too cold getting that snowman built...just quickly lie down and make a snow angel...then you can say you had fun and played in the snow!! ha ha

Sitting in a steakhouse a block from the hotel. The walk here was treacherous. Snow on top of ice that formed from the melted snow and salt that is now freezing with the drop in temperature. It's coming down hard now. We were walking like old people trying to not fall and break a hip. My boots don't have enough tread for this. I'm from California! No fair!

You need to bring back some of that moisture to California. Getting rather parched here.

Latest posts

Back