pregnancy after DS

Honeybeeblue

Hey I am wondering if anyone on here has been pregnant after DS surgery. I am very concerned about the amout of Vitamin A I am taking. I did talk to my doctor she seems concerned even though with taking 100000 a day my levels are normal. I did have low vitamin A right after the surgery. Anyone have any advice and other experiences to share.? I would really appriciate it. Thanks again

Hey I am wondering if anyone on here has been pregnant after DS surgery. I am very concerned about the amout of Vitamin A I am taking. I did talk to my doctor she seems concerned even though with taking 100000 a day my levels are normal. I did have low vitamin A right after the surgery. Anyone have any advice and other experiences to share.? I would really appriciate it. Thanks again
Are you with a high risk OB-GYN? You might want to lower the amount of A but I wouldn't get rid of it cause you can go too low quickly.

Maybe aim for just under mid normal range til afterwards.

Your BLOOD levels matter, not how much goes in your gut. Your liver stores a LOT of vitamin A - maybe you can get your levels pumped up for a while before you want to get pregnant and then cut back or stop taking it, while closely monitoring your levels?

I didn't need vitamin A until I was 11 or 12 years out - my liver stored levels plus what I absorbed from food were good enough for 10+ years.

I was pregnant but sadly miscarried at 12 weeks. I spoke at length to my midwife and endo about his. They said they would go solely on my blood levels and were not concerned about how much I was taking. They said that yes, there are guidelines, but that I was not 'normal' and so shouldn't be treated as such.
There are also dangers with being too low, so my advice would be to keep monitoring levels closely.

Latest posts

Back