Poster on OH - this is very scary!

star0210

I sent her a PM to come here although I'm betting others already have.

Leaking in Cali! Please help
Hi All, I'm freaking out. I am 2 weeks out from gastric bypass revision to DS with Dr. Keshesian whom I love. I had my surgery the Monday after Christmas and my hospital stay was hectic to say the least as the rose bowl parade was on the same street. Anyways, I was in the hospital for 4 nights and I stayed in pain the whole time. I had 2 tubes for draining and a feeding tube placed during surgery. Despite me draining over 150cc's a day on my left drain he removed both before I got discharged. Imediately every time I fed through the feeding tube. I would start draining from the bottom of my incision( open surgery) right above my belly button. But the weird thing it was draining the contents of what I put in feeding tube??? I called Dr K immediately and he saw me the next morning he said normal for me to drain. He discounted was draining whatever I put in feeding tube. Oh I also had no bowel movement despite hospital giving me magnesium citrate or enema. Fast forward a week later my feeding tube clogged as can no longer put anything through. Everything I eat and drink comes out incision wether its protein drink. I smelled like cappuccino for 2 days. Have strawberry smoothie goosing from stomach. It's disgusting I can't walk or stand up or do anything as my whole stomach is in pain and gushing turning my skin raw from the constant wiping. I'm miserable. Can somebody give me guidance if this is normal? I'm thinking of going to emergency today only thing is no doctors in my area has any expertise in DS. Please help

Last edited:
Been waiting to see what happens with this one. I read it but didn't comment. She already had the advice she needed.

Food coming out her abdomen and getting all over her...."I smelled like cappuccino for 2 days. Have strawberry smoothie goosing from stomach". Really? WTF???

All I can say is if Dr.K is aware as Diana has said then something isn't quite right! The only way she could have food coming out of her incision that I know of is a leak. Seems to me she would be really sick and running a fever. DS doctor are not I would have been to the ER and let them call Dr.K. Just my opinion. I really hope she is ok, getting the answers, and help she needs!!

Confused here, too. If K is meeting her in the ER, it must be someplace where he has privileges? And that would be Verdugo or Glendale or Huntington...and she must be in good enough shape to GET there...so why is she saying that no one where she is knows about the DS?

And a week? With masticated STUFF coming out and you don't say something like, "I'm going to the ER now...I'll give those people your phone number."

Standing by to see what happened.

It didn't sound right to me that Dr. K would blow off a patient who had food leaking out of her incision, so yeah.. not surprised there's more to this than it seems!

She posted an update. I think she's...ummm....well.

Dr K admitted me in the hospital. CT scan shows no leaks! Yay! Just fluid build-up around incision area. He has me on antibiotics and pain is now under control with delaudid. Now to just get the draining from incision to stop. I have faith in my doctor and I want to thank everyone who reached out to him on my behalf. I want to reassure everyone there is no leak from my stomach. I will keep you posted on my progress as it looks like I bought myself a couple more days in the hospital. I feel like I will be able to sleep tonight.

Actually just saw her update:

Hi All,

Dr K admitted me in the hospital. CT scan shows no leaks! Yay! Just fluid build-up around incision area. He has me on antibiotics and pain is now under control with delaudid. Now to just get the draining from incision to stop. I have faith in my doctor and I want to thank everyone who reached out to him on my behalf. I want to reassure everyone there is no leak from my stomach. I will keep you posted on my progress as it looks like I bought myself a couple more days in the hospital. I feel like I will be able to sleep tonight.

So yeahhhhh... fluid around the incision = not the same thing as cappucino coming out, honey. Heh.

Latest posts

Back