Post Surgery Bucket List (Pre and Post OPs welcome :D)

Part II
Top 4 Simple things I’m Not looking forward too or may miss:

1. I can and do literally go days without having to eat. I am in control of my hunger and it has some advantages sometimes. With the DS, I will have to learn how to eat more and will NEED to eat protein on a regular basis. This also troubles me a tiny bit if we ever have a “World wide catastrophic event”. As I said in another thread, because of my metabolism over the last 35 years I have evolved in to the perfect “survival machine” and can flourish on less than 1000 calories per day. Again, I would be in a better position to provide for my family in an “apocalyptic scenario”.
  2. This may sound weird, but…because I have no metabolism, I don’t have the normal “male body odor”. I can literally go days without a shower and only use deodorant twice a week. I do wash my hair everyday and brush my teeth of course. My feet have NO smell and they never sweet. I kind of like that.
  3. As a big Man, and because of my size, I like being able to go in to a bar or strange places and not have anybody F with me. My Family feels safe around me. I don’t want to be a pencil neck geek bag of extra skin and bone.
  4. Floating in the pool…sometimes I actually like being able to do that without a float, guess I should hope I will need a float like everyone else.

Part III - The top 6 things that are the most significant reasons for me wanting WLS, DS and also the “Wish (bucket list)”:
  1. I have a 12 yr old Granddaughter/Daughter we’re raising. We are the only parents she has known since she was two. I take her to her softball and volleyball games, practice and haven’t missed a game or practice yet and she’s been playing since she was 5. With my growing older and the MO, it’s getting harder and harder to do stuff at the end of a long workday. With the WLS, that should buy me the yrs I need to get her in to college and be the Dad that she deserves and be more “normal”.
  2. Physical reasons/limitations: I have to do a lot of standing and walking at my job…again, with my age, is getting very challenging. I have bad knees, bad back, arthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure and am a borderline type II diabetic. If I ate any carbs to speak of at all, I would be a full diabetic. Believe it or not, I actually like to work out and have since the mid 90’s. My back got significantly worse about a year ago and I have since almost stopped. With the DS and loosing 100 lbs (hopefully), most, or all of the above limitations will be significantly mitigated.
  3. I want to retire and travel as normal people do. We are big outdoors people and are always outside, so, that speaks for itself when you have MO limitations. I want to take a month or two and do all of Europe.
  4. I want to know what it’s like to be able to eat breakfast lunch and dinner like a normal person. I’m tired of living in this perennial state of deprivation. Being able to eat meat and eggs and cheese, an omelet for breakfast or a grilled chicken breast for lunch and then more meat at dinner sounds like Heaven to me. I already don’t eat carbs and do like vegetables, but because meat is so energy dense, high in calories and I absorb it all, I can’t eat that much of it without gaining weight.
  5. I’m a musician. Before I get too old, I would like to get with a few guys and play out again here and there. All through the 80s and 90’s I was in bands and played out, mostly for fun. We got some money, but that’s not what we were doing it for. Because of my age and my MO, I can’t even consider that anymore because I can’t stand for any length of time in one place.
  6. And finally…to conclude my book….lol I just want to be a better Husband. A lot of times (hell most of the time), I’m to tired and sore at the end of the day to take care of my “Husbandly duties” so to speak and it would be nice to get some “pep in the ole step” again! Hopefully, that will be a bonus. Ok Spiky, if you've gotten this far and are still awake....fire when ready :D!

I would LOVE to have to use a float to stay afloat in my pool. Fat people float and don’t sink you know. It really sucks when I need to scrub stains or algae spots in the deep end. I’ve even tied a set of weights to my fat ass and nothing works!..lol
NOT every fat person floats. I never could...fat or skinny. Had the WORST time floating.

omg you guys..awesome lists! But Robs' lists had me rofl'ing so hard in places!

- love all your reasons for getting the DS. :) iam sure you'll fulfill all those dreams.
- i bet you'll be as handsome and strong as ever post wlS. lots of weights, interspersed with HIIT routines when you're ready for it...you'll give the skin a lot of sexy muscle to hang on overtime. :D
- i wish your no farting would continue after DS. you'd be a pioneer in this community hehe.
- i don't think i float too well at all.

@robs477 great lists! your humor always make me smile. :)

your surgery is any day now right?

sorry for the hijack!

What a nice thing to say, thank you! My whole packet was submitted to the insurance company on 12/18, almost 3 weeks ago, but, all the Holidays are in there. I’m hoping to hear something real soon and then my Dr.’s office said they are only running a week or two after that on their schedule, so…just waiting still.

omg you guys..awesome lists! But Robs' lists had me rofl'ing so hard in places!

- love all your reasons for getting the DS. :) iam sure you'll fulfill all those dreams.
- i bet you'll be as handsome and strong as ever post wlS. lots of weights, interspersed with HIIT routines when you're ready for it...you'll give the skin a lot of sexy muscle to hang on overtime. :D
- i wish your no farting would continue after DS. you'd be a pioneer in this community hehe.
- i don't think i float too well at all.

Thank you sweet Lady! You are SOOO entertaining :ROFLMAO:. I'm so ready, I just want to move forward instead of staying at this "snail pace" I've been in for six months.

NOT every fat person floats. I never could...fat or skinny. Had the WORST time floating.

@southernlady, Hmmmm…That’s very strange. 1 lb of fat is the same weight as 1 lb of muscle, BUT, Fat takes up approximately 20% more volume than muscle and equates to the displacement of more water, thus the ability to do Hydrostatic weighing (water tank testing for displacement) which is an incredibly accurate technique for measuring true body composition or BMI. That technique uses tried and true variables that feature a low percentage of error. For that reason, it’s often referred to as the gold standard for measuring body composition and is commonly used in many research settings. We had to do that with Astronaut’s for their Space Suit training and we had to make them “Neutrally Buoyant” to simulate zero G in a giant water tank, so its nothing new.

I believe you when you say you can’t float, just not sure why other than you MUST have more muscle/bone density than you think??? That being said, it is NOT normal and is a fact that most or all obese people float, it’s just pure science???

OMG, I could NEVER get to the bottom of a pool before and this past summer, I experienced, for the very first time in my life, what it was like to not be a human floatation device! It was wierrrrrd. And I'm 30+ pounds lighter now, next summer will be interesting :p

I believe you when you say you can’t float, just not sure why other than you MUST have more muscle/bone density than you think??? That being said, it is NOT normal and is a fact that most or all obese people float, it’s just pure science???
I'm not the only one in my family who couldn't float...my daddy was unable to float and he wasn't a small man either...5'8" and usually 210 - 225 depending on how much he starved himself. You are probably right about muscle/bone density but since the only experience I have is in a swimming pool....

oh you guys, love the lists! I'll add in mine too, Rob, I am right there with you on the waiting on insurance. 3 weeks today
Here is my list in no particular order.
1. Take any airline when I travel because I am not worried about the size of the seat
2. shop with the wife and MIL every Saturday again - can't now because the back will just not let me.
3. Walk thru the Walmart instead of ride a buggy
4. Learn to run
5. ditch that new cpap machine I just got
6. buy clothes anywhere I want to
7. on top, on bottom, on the washing machine. :):p
8. go on outings with work peeps and not worry if I'll be able to keep up
9. walk my dogs again
10. get some sexy panties

I have to admit - I see things on this list that make me want to go "You can do that NOW!" Sexy panties, bikini in public on vacation - I do all this at 500+ pounds and don't give a shit what people think. But I get that not everyone is like that. I'm loving all these goals you guys are sharing. I can't wait to start checking off NSVs!

...and Rob, your wife may be the luckiest woman alive, having a husband who doesn't fart. :p ROFL.

Latest posts

Back