Post op Bra issues?

Onelastshot

I am 2 weeks post op from an OPEN DS. Healing beautifully, I feel, with no unexpected issues (with the exception of a vitamin episode today). I am able to hit the treadmill daily, can move fine, get in all of my fluids, etc. My incision site is a little tender if you push on it, but overall I am totally fine.

My only issue is I literally cannot wear a bra for longer than 10 minutes. It is very painful... and this is coming from a woman who was off all pain meds 4 days post op. I have to live my life, so I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. Should I be concerned that something is not right when all other areas are virtually pain free at this point? Or is this just normal since that is the area that a large chunk of the procedure was on?

My bra rubbed on my incisions and hurt for months. Unfortunately, the incisions tend to be right at the bra line. The pain should reduce as your incision heals. Maybe a sports bra would work better for now.

I have tried a regular bra, removing my underwire, and a sports bra- none helped. It does not hurt where my incision is at all. It hurts further to the right where there is no incision, like something inside is being compressed. When I remove the bra I can feel throbbing for quite some time.

I have tried a regular bra, removing my underwire, and a sports bra- none helped. It does not hurt where my incision is at all. It hurts further to the right where there is no incision, like something inside is being compressed. When I remove the bra I can feel throbbing for quite some time.

Hmm, that is odd. I have no idea. You might ask your surgeon.

OK, I have no idea either, but I did think post op my muscles needed time to heal a bit and had some strange pains for a month afterwards. Then, they went away.

Sorry, I can't help more.

I had an open DS too. The bra was wicked painful. I almost had to extend the time I took off work because wearing a bra was too painful. I ended up getting something like a genie bra. It had just enough padding for no show and a little support without killing me too much.

I am 2 weeks post op from an OPEN DS. Healing beautifully, I feel, with no unexpected issues (with the exception of a vitamin episode today). I am able to hit the treadmill daily, can move fine, get in all of my fluids, etc. My incision site is a little tender if you push on it, but overall I am totally fine.

My only issue is I literally cannot wear a bra for longer than 10 minutes. It is very painful... and this is coming from a woman who was off all pain meds 4 days post op. I have to live my life, so I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. Should I be concerned that something is not right when all other areas are virtually pain free at this point? Or is this just normal since that is the area that a large chunk of the procedure was on?
Wouldn't hurt to mention it to your surgeon since it is unusual pain for you. In my case, the bra area was fine but I had one spot below the belly button which would seem to 'catch' sometimes and give me a twinge of pain. I've had many previous abdominal surgeries and my DS surgeon had to release many adhesions before he could get started so I assume it was just one of those pulling a bit. It went away. I did wear a binder for 8 weeks then transitioned to a Spanx-like tank top which held everything in place and helped a lot.

My first thought was just don't wear a bra! I had the same issue for several weeks postop. Maybe wear a camisole or something soft like the Genie Bra.

I had one incision in the center above my belly button that was on my braline. I've used several things to block different incisions at times (aside from just skipping the bra). Tank style bra, wearing a thin t-shirt of tank UNDER my bra, putting a kotex pad over the incision to pad it, but that as also when incisions were still slightly weepy. If I were you, I just skip the bra if that is the only clothing bothering it.

Thank you all for your responses. I am able to wear my bra a little longer the past 2 days, so I am assuming it is just slow internal healing since it is nowhere near my incisions. At home I go without a bra, but in public I cannot do that. I am a J cup... yes J, as in Jesus Christ your boobs are big. LOL. So fingers crossed for a speedy recovery so I can get back to work!

Thank you all for your responses. I am able to wear my bra a little longer the past 2 days, so I am assuming it is just slow internal healing since it is nowhere near my incisions. At home I go without a bra, but in public I cannot do that. I am a J cup... yes J, as in Jesus Christ your boobs are big. LOL. So fingers crossed for a speedy recovery so I can get back to work!
Glad it's getting better. Enjoy your boobs while you have them :) Pre-DS I was squeezing into 48H and now I'm barely 34B. Boobs were the first to go...

Latest posts

Back