PEIA

Some people with a compassionate PCP will fudge the records (i.e. not browbeat you to actually lose weight). I don;t know of anyone who got the insurance company to concede (the whole purpose of the diet is so you get frustrated and drop out of the program so they don't have to pay for WLS) but perhaps there are some.

Sorry yours is a YEAR. Most are half that

You could do self pay as I did with Esquerra in MX and get it done next month for far less grief
Which procedure did u have?

DS. The real DS. The people here are rather partial to the DS and think it is the best WLS available.

(If you hold your cursor over the avatar of a member, the drop down usually shows surgery history. My surgery history is also in my signature.)

And the DS has the best record for curing comorbidities -- and you have quite a few.

The best course is not to directly challenge the policy, but to find an end around it. Some doctors would accept a log with journal entries for the required time frame, for instance. My advice would be to have a frank talk with ya doctor or his/her office staff on how to qualify NOW rather than waiting a year. They probably won't want to directly lie for you ,(why would they assume that risk?), but they may offer YOU some wiggle room for ya own fudging. We ALL know you've tried and failed at dieting for YEARS, so my advice is figure out a way to have that count towards the policy requirements. There is ALWAYS a way around these corrupt policies.

The insurance policy is to delay paying now and hope you lose interest or die waiting. Regrettably, the morbidly obese in this nation are still fair game for mistreatment in all ways possible. Name another people group openly mocked and derided on TV shows, movies,etc. Who are forced to jump through rediculous hoops (psych consults- are you freaking kidding me?!?) before being treated for their life threatening medical condition? There are none. So I say whatever you can do to get the treatment you rightly deserve, you should do. And that includes being a wee bit dishonest if you must. C'est la vie!

Actually, from what I've seen on the boards over the last 13+ years, the psych (and IQ?) part of the pre-op assessment is the weakest link, especially for the DS.

Latest posts

Back