painful bathroom visits

Most of even the best surgeons out there are great cutters but they fail with the aftercare.....

There is no reason for a DSer to be on a low fat diet. The only possible exception would be the first couple weeks after surgery. And the 30 minute rule is pure RNY. We don't have a pouch. We have a fully functioning smaller stomach.

That diet plan is a crock of shit and so low in fat that you are GUARANTEED to shit bricks. Believing doctors about DS nutrition is generally a waste of time.

I am ever so grateful for my surgeon's honesty. He said, "The last time I took a nutrition class was in early med school and it wasn't even a complete course. Go find an expert."

Oh, my...I hope you are good at ignoring him!

No coffee for six months?

:ahhhhhhh:

And no carbonated beverages ever? Well, see...I rarely consume alcohol, but when I do and am not in the mood for wine, I have no idea how Aceves would expect me to drink a Mojito or Rum & Coke (aka Cuba Libre)...these are old people drinks...without carbonation. Ain't gonna happen.
ow

Well, not sure he expects much anymore.. (sorry, dark humor there.)
Doncha know, carbonation will stretch your sleeve?? 'Cause after surgery, you can't burp, and sleeves stretch terribly.

Yeah, in keeping with most bari plans, not the best.. I've drank fizzy water 6mo++, and still no "sleeve stretch" to report. If I ate chicken breast dry (who would?) I'd max out at 3.5oz (no tasty sides), 3.5 yrs post op.. I'd call that pretty negligible "sleeve stretch" in comparison to the dire warnings people tend to post from drinking carbonated beverages, or overeating... which I've done a lot! Can't even touch the caffeine thing.. my life wouldn't be the same..

If you want to absorb 20-some grams of fat, you have to EAT at least 100 grams. Smear butter on your beef and eat a bunch of guacamole and olives. You'll feel sooooo much better, not just in the pooping.

Heck, I eat 1/2 avo with a slice of liverwurst and a hard-boiled egg as my bfast every day that I can.. sucks that avocados are so pricey.

Oooo, that sounds interesting. IF I can find some true German calves' liverwurst, I just might try it.

Tell you, I wish that dumbass surgeon the experience of LIVING with 6 or so grams of fat absorbed in your daily diet. Let HIM shit bricks and have his skin fall off, among other fun things.

The girls at work already think I eat weird with my tendon soup and whatnot.. I unwrap my liverwurst with horseradish spread & sliced onion, HB egg and avo and dig in while they eat their mcD's sammys..

The girls at work already think I eat weird with my tendon soup and whatnot.. I unwrap my liverwurst with horseradish spread & sliced onion, HB egg and avo and dig in while they eat their mcD's sammys..
Except for the horseradish spread, that sounds heavenly.

I have a knob of horseradish in the fridge.. it's amazing how long it lasts.

Went to the covered bridge fest and the whopping 15$ I spent was on some lady with squashes and pumpkins on the highway in and out (we stopped twice).. got a nice huge carving pumpkin for Halloween for 5 bucks, and enough butternut, acorn and spaghetti squash to last the entire winter for a buck a pop. And yes, this does have to do with the topic.. squash & lots of butter = good poo. :)

I'm a weird bird.

Curious about this breakfast... Do you put them together in some way or just eat them with a fork? I like these things separately so why not together?

I am a food separatist until the last min.. so my slice of liverwurst is smeared with horserasish paste, my egg is still in the shell and avo... We have a full kitchen at work, and that helps- but for this it's just all three kinda picked on or mashed together at will, with some kosher salt and cracked pepper, which I bring in my lunch sack in little amber vials like coke. I got a weird look the first time I whipped those out.. that and my half-oz of tabasco in a small vial.

Don't get me wrong, my boss tends to cook bfast for the crew most mornings- scrambled eggs & chz, with bacon or lil smokies, kielbasa.. or sausage/gravy/canned biscuits.. I will indulge in that sometimes, but I loooove my eggs I get from the farm around the corner, and I am fond of tinned fish, and strong stuff.. which I don't mind having as bfast.

Someone may have posted this but I put Coconut oil in my Coffee. Same fat as butter but has a better taste (to me). I also put it in my protein drink in the morning.

I am a food separatist until the last min.. so my slice of liverwurst is smeared with horserasish paste, my egg is still in the shell and avo... We have a full kitchen at work, and that helps- but for this it's just all three kinda picked on or mashed together at will, with some kosher salt and cracked pepper, which I bring in my lunch sack in little amber vials like coke. I got a weird look the first time I whipped those out.. that and my half-oz of tabasco in a small vial.

Don't get me wrong, my boss tends to cook bfast for the crew most mornings- scrambled eggs & chz, with bacon or lil smokies, kielbasa.. or sausage/gravy/canned biscuits.. I will indulge in that sometimes, but I loooove my eggs I get from the farm around the corner, and I am fond of tinned fish, and strong stuff.. which I don't mind having as bfast.
I know lots of ppl don't, but I always like liverwurst (I'm half German after all!) but I haven't had it since surgery because I'd never had it unless it was spread on bread or crackers and wasn't sure how to eat it now. I might give it a whirl with my morning hard-boiled :)

Latest posts

Back