One week out and scale has not budged!

Blue123

Actually I am a week and 3 days out. Please help. Shouldn't I be losing by now? I feel like a failure already. I am getting in 64 oz of fluid daily. Around 100 gm protein. Very low carbs and fat. Around 700 calories daily. Am I not eating enough? Thanks for any help you can give me.

LOL....sorry but take a chill pill. It takes a while to lose the fluid from the hospital. It will happen. Did somebody tell you that you would lose 150 pounds the first week?

Just focus on staying hydrated. Getting in at least 64 oz of fluids a day is job one.

As far as eating, remember the 30, 60, 90 target for protein. By day 30 post op you want to be getting in 30 grams of protein, by day 60 you want to be at 60 grams, day 90...you get it. These are just goals and if you can do more, that is icing on the cake but if you can't hit the targets it isn't the end of the world. The stomach is messed up at this early stage and can only handle so much so do not let food get in the way of hydration early on.

I just saw you are getting in 100 grams of protein already. Wow! That is great as long as you are getting your liquids . Is that all from protein drinks or is some food?

The weight is going to come off so don't fret. Always remember this is a marathon not a sprint.

LOL....sorry but take a chill pill. It takes a while to lose the fluid from the hospital. It will happen. Did somebody tell you that you would lose 150 pounds the first week?

Just focus on staying hydrated. Getting in at least 64 oz of fluids a day is job one.

As far as eating, remember the 30, 60, 90 target for protein. By day 30 post op you want to be getting in 30 grams of protein, by day 60 you want to be at 60 grams, day 90...you get it. These are just goals and if you can do more, that is icing on the cake but if you can't hit the targets it isn't the end of the world. The stomach is messed up at this early stage and can only handle so much so do not let food get in the way of hydration early on.

I just saw you are getting in 100 grams of protein already. Wow! That is great as long as you are getting your liquids . Is that all from protein drinks or is some food?

The weight is going to come off so don't fret. Always remember this is a marathon not a sprint.
Thanks for the reassurance. No one told me when I would start losing weight. I just thought I should have by now:) I am drinking 3 to 4 Premier Protein shakes a day. They have 30 gms of protein. I'm thirsty all the time so I am constantly drinking protein drinks or water.

Blue, STAY off the scale. Do not weigh again until you see your surgeon for follow up. And after that, one day a week. IF you can't stay off the scale, hide it, lock it away or toss it. This is not a sprint.

Thanks for the reassurance. No one told me when I would start losing weight. I just thought I should have by now:) I am drinking 3 to 4 Premier Protein shakes a day. They have 30 gms of protein. I'm thirsty all the time so I am constantly drinking protein drinks or water.
No worries. I laughed because people always seem to have this expectation of rapid results, and they will be, just not quite that rapid.

That is awesome that you are able to drink like that and do the protein shakes. I was in the hospital for fluids because I couldn't drink squat and I to this day can't smell a protein drink let alone drink one.

You will drive yourself batty weighing all the time . Right after my revision to DS I gained quite a bit of weight like 20 pounds from fluid retention. So you may have has to get rid of some swelling weight before you see the scale move.

Latest posts

Back