NEED SOME REASSURANCE

Barbara, be easy with yourself. You have been through a lot. I was not driving at a month either. It has been 8 weeks this coming Tuesday and I still have absolutely worn out days. I still have to take naps. At 4 weeks, I was not interested in anything either - it took me a while to even turn on the computer and post. I just this week started reading again. Saturday, I got up, had breakfast and started my fluid routine then had a morning nap.

Do you have someone that can get you out of the house just to go for a ride or do something 'normal' it will help you feel a little bit better.
sending you hugs.

Thanks @duh_Mom . Makes me feel better. Today was not a good day. Worn out. Long nap. Threw up protein shake. Supposed to go back to work in 4 weeks. Today don't see it happening. No part time or short days. Can't swallow my anti depressants. Feeling very low

Oh Barbara, I wish I could help. I thought i would go back in 4 weeks too - but that crap did not happen. I was lucky that I could work ½ days and did when I went back at the 5th week, but realized there was not way I could have driven and worked in the same day!.

You mentioned throwing up your protein shake. Are you vomiting often? Are you able to get in some protein and carbs for energy? Maybe we need to get you back to the doc.

Only vomited twice.. I take a lot of meds. Find it very difficult to get them all down, drink 64 oz liquid and get enough protein in a day. I'm getting very discouraged. Just spent 2 days in hospital due to shortness of breath. Lots o f tests. No answers. I know, compared to many others my road has been smooth but. I am feeling overwhelmed by everything. Thanks for your support duh_mom.

Is your anti-depressant able to be opened up and mixed with yogurt or applesauce. Going off those meds will really mess with you. I hope you see a light at the end of the tunnel soon!

Only vomited twice.. I take a lot of meds. Find it very difficult to get them all down, drink 64 oz liquid and get enough protein in a day. I'm getting very discouraged. Just spent 2 days in hospital due to shortness of breath. Lots o f tests. No answers. I know, compared to many others my road has been smooth but. I am feeling overwhelmed by everything. Thanks for your support duh_mom.
Barb remember that a protein drink counts towards your liquids count, so at this stage it is great because it is hard to eat early on. Also I am not sure what meds you are taking but if it is okay to crush them or open and mix them then that can help. Swallowing a bunch of pills for the first month or two can be hard. Don't feel that you have to get every vitamin on the list in right now. Add one at a time and it will take a few weeks to get up to full course.

Regarding protein and nutrients. Are you on a feeding tube? That should get you most of your nutrients and you augment with good.

For the protein shake take small drinks and drink it over 30-60 minutes.... No need to force it. Also if you puked because of flavor there are lots of other brands and board members can help there.

I am on my phone so I can't see your particulars, but who did your revision? You should follow up with him and let him know of all your struggles.

Hang in there hon it gets better. It really does. I was miserable trying to get in protein and liquids early on. I took a few trips to er for fluids (and I had a kidney stone at 3 weeks that Dr thought might be a marginal ulcer until a CT showed the stone) so don't be afraid to do that.

How are you doing Barbara? I'm sending you lots and lots of healing vibes. Hope you are getting stronger each day.

I hope you are doing better. Don't be discouraged. I was one who was literally a mess from the day of surgery. I was in hospital 5 days not allowed to get out of bed had 4 blood transfusions. Then In week 4 I busted my stomach open. These couple of things don't even hit the nail on the head with all the other problems I have had. But it takes time you will be ok. You will regret having the surgery some days but that's ok. Lots of us did in the beginning.

Latest posts

Back