Need help

Erin

Hello @DianaCox and @Larra

I was sent a denial letter by Premera BCBS yesterday. I am seeking an RNY to DS revision. My RNY was January 2009. I'm a patient of Dr Ayoola. The edg he did showed my pouch has stretched. I've also been diagnosed with hypertension and am medicated for that. When I initially weighed in in June 2016 at Dr Ayoola's office, my BMI was 40. And my nut appt a month later I was at 39.9 BMI. I have gained weight since that appointment, and I'm sure my BMI is over 40 now, but still a lightweight. The initial sleep study preformed at at the sleep center showed no apnea, but my cardiologist ordered one at home and it showed that I do have apnea. They have ordered an A-PAP (never heard of it) machine. My cardiologist has cleared me for surgery. I also have Factor V Leiden and have been cleared by hematologist as well. In 2009 before my RNY my HW was 275, by the end of 2014 I was back to 276. Thru going back to basics, I to 240, but have gained back to about 250 current weight. Let me know if there's anything else you need. I have left a message for Yahira (sp??) at Dr Ayoola's office and am waiting for a call back. TIA. So thankful to have resources like yall!

Hi Erin,
I am waiting for my sleep study at home to and it has been a pretty slow process. I also have BCBS Federal and Dr. Ayoola for a revision from RNY done in 2002 to DS. Sending you lots of postive thoughts through this process :) Keep posted..

I also have BCBS Federal. Is Dr. Ayoola's office a Blue Distinction Center? How was your experience? Are you having a open or laparoscopic conversion?

Hello @DianaCox and @Larra

I was sent a denial letter by Premera BCBS yesterday. I am seeking an RNY to DS revision. My RNY was January 2009. I'm a patient of Dr Ayoola. The edg he did showed my pouch has stretched. I've also been diagnosed with hypertension and am medicated for that. When I initially weighed in in June 2016 at Dr Ayoola's office, my BMI was 40. And my nut appt a month later I was at 39.9 BMI. I have gained weight since that appointment, and I'm sure my BMI is over 40 now, but still a lightweight. The initial sleep study preformed at at the sleep center showed no apnea, but my cardiologist ordered one at home and it showed that I do have apnea. They have ordered an A-PAP (never heard of it) machine. My cardiologist has cleared me for surgery. I also have Factor V Leiden and have been cleared by hematologist as well. In 2009 before my RNY my HW was 275, by the end of 2014 I was back to 276. Thru going back to basics, I to 240, but have gained back to about 250 current weight. Let me know if there's anything else you need. I have left a message for Yahira (sp??) at Dr Ayoola's office and am waiting for a call back. TIA. So thankful to have resources like yall!

Erin,

The most often used machines are the CPAP, BiPAP and APAP.
The "PAP" part stands for "positive air pressure."
C = continuous
Bi = two pressure settings, one for inhaling, the other for exhaling
A= is for automatic settings, within a given range

I needed a HUGE difference between inhaling and exhaling and the APAPs were not yet available, so I got the BiPAP. For those who need different settings, the BiPAP is more comfortable than the CPAP, and the APAP is the best because the machine constantly adjusts to the demands your body is making.

With the right fit, you may awaken as alert and well-rested as you probably did as a kid. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back