Nature!

oh, dear, let us know what happens.

A couple of days ago, there were eight eggs. Now there are four. They hadn’t been there long…not ready to hatch and start walking/swimming. And I don’t think ducks can MOVE eggs…so I’m clueless.

ETA: At least, I don’t think they can PICK UP an egg and move it. Maybe they can nudge it around a few feet. Perhaps I’ll rake away some more leaves and check to see if she hid them elsewhere.

Last edited:
but if someone was eating the eggs shudder wouldn't they eat them all?
I am clueless, too. I never know who root for. baby ducks, obviously, but predators need to make a living, too.

but if someone was eating the eggs shudder wouldn't they eat them all?
I am clueless, too. I never know who root for. baby ducks, obviously, but predators need to make a living, too.
I checked again today. The four remaining eggs are all cracked. We have wandering wildlife…opossums, skunks, squirrels, fruit rats, raccoons…most are NOT carnivores, but those coyotes are on all the Ring cameras hopping over 6’ tall fences and they are “opportunistic omnivores,” which is about as rude as it sounds!

And meanwhile, those cute baby ducks join their mom and pop in crapping in and around the pool. Ten at a time doing that makes for unpleasant slime.

well, damn.

how are you feeling, Spikey?

Well, this place is killing me with their not understanding my food issues. Millions of people have IBS, Celiac Disease, IBD, SIBO and are prescribed “low FODMAP” diets. And non-professionals probably think “No. No onion. Just a little of this seasoning packet.” Or, “THIS Jello is healthy because we use ARTIFICIAL sweetener.” But professionals need to know better.

I will explain that I need to order delivered meals and they need to discount my fees. I’ll explain it in a way that help$ them under$tand.

MrSue is the first resident. I’m the “extra” person, for whom they charge, I think, $1850/mo. A large portion of that will be because of meals. I’ve decided that I will provide my own breakfasts and half of the “lunch or dinner” meals. They can discount my rent by about $400-500, to cover breakfasts and the “lunch or dinner” meals that I have delivered. I THINK I can find the other half of my “lunch or dinner” meals from their offerings…if they don’t fancy them up too much. A pork chop would be fine. A pork chop with noodles and gravy will do me in. As will most of this coming week’s meals. So I ordered from a place that makes low FODMAP meals that are not as expensive (or tasty) as the place I prefer. But the facility didn’t promise four star restaurant meals, so this seems fair. (To me.)

seems complicated, but I'm sure you are up to it.

I'm glad you guys are IN and can't wait to hear more stories. I know there will be stories!

Latest posts

Back