Tickled me - my kids

DianaCox

Bad Cop
This may only amuse me, but it gave my husband and me such a laugh, I will try to give the context.

My kids are 38 and 35. They don’t look a thing alike, and they mostly don’t think alike.

Jessica is a short blue-eyed blonde who is very practical and no-nonsense. She has a (para)professional job, expects a fair amount from herself and others. She and her husband bought a house 3+ years ago, and they’re trying to start a family (IVF and/or adoption). Jess is the executor of our wills and trustee of N’s spendthrift trust, when the time comes.

Nathaniel is 35 going on 16, still aimless, charming, unemployed (his 25-30 hr/week job as a karaoke jock has been dead for almost a year), living with his girlfriend in her parents’ basement, spends his days (that begin well after noon) playing video games.

Nathaniel is quirky. He’s moderately ADD, OCD, ODD, irresponsible, a faithful friend of both guys and girls in equal number, funny, and while decidedly hetero, he’s not a macho guy at all, even though he has had to be a bouncer at the bar he works at (a Cheers-type place), where the bartenders are almost exclusively female. He’s well known for his food eccentricities which he’s always had, from foods not touching each other on the plate, hatred of certain foods like mushrooms and onions for their texture, and non-canned cranberry sauce, although not unadventurous food-wise.

Jess is unfailingly the teasing older sister, beleaguered by his fecklessness, but genuinely fond of her goofy little brother. And Nathaniel embraces the role, and who he is.

Both Nathaniel and his girlfriend cook, but she’s been having fun with breakfasts lately (that N eats around 2 PM), and has posted pix of them when they come out especially good. So she posted this today:

The banter between J and N (in the family, Nathaniel is Fano because that’s what he called himself when he was learning to talk) just slayed me (I’m posting the gif separately because the little video is key):

Just perfect. And Nathaniel LOL’ed it too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back