My Dad's Story - Why Proper Supplementation is Essential

I'm not heartbroken or even unhappy about needing to supplement with vitamin A now - but I do want to emphasize that (1) I didn't take it before, because I didn't need it, and I used that as an example of why people need to do their labs, and that there's no need to hyper-supplement without a basis for doing so (e.g., by taking ADEKs when all I need is D and K, and even those I didn't need for the first 5 years); and (2) that I am adding it now BEFORE it goes too low, because I'm TRENDING towards low - which I could identify early because I track trends, not just raw numbers. Same with copper - I didn't need it before, and now I do - I'm content to take it now that I do.
I agree. While I have a base of vitamins/minerals I have taken since my DS; my labs pretty much dictate what my supplements are. When they change, my supplements are tweaked.

Thanks very much for the kind words, all! It kind of bugs me when people don't use paragraphs, too.
I'm the same way about paragraphs. I have a long time friend who writes epistles and not a paragraph in sight. MOST of the time, I don't even read past the first sentence (which are also run ons).

Thanks for the story. It sounds exactly what I went through from September until February.. I was supplementing but was not absorbing. I had the mental problem and the weeping sores. The only thing different I didn't break anything.

Thank you for posting your dad's story. I need to be reminded to be diligent and sugar coating things doesn't work for me. I do skip doses here and there and that needs to stop. Thank you again!

Latest posts

Back