My bowels stopped moving

Soontobelovely

Hi
My bathroom trips have reduced significantly after 7 years of daily bowel movement. Is there any known reason why?

Thx

Are you still getting enough fats?
Yes, my intake is the same that's why I'm confused. The only change is that I loaded up on creatine to increase my workout endurance and muscle recovery. You think that's a factor? I don't see any reference to that when I Google.

Is there a time when you have to increase fat intake or "reset" in any way?

Thx

I know if I forget to eat enough, I slow up. I forget a dose of Miralax one day, definitely knew it the next day, took two days to sort myself out again.

Okay, I always moved my bowels everyday for years without any help but maybe I need miralax or other. I'll give it a try.
Thx

I forgot to buy metamucil last week and BOY DID I KNOW IT! It also takes me a few days to sort it out. Hopefully it will be something easy to fix!

Yes, my intake is the same that's why I'm confused. The only change is that I loaded up on creatine to increase my workout endurance and muscle recovery. You think that's a factor? I don't see any reference to that when I Google.

Is there a time when you have to increase fat intake or "reset" in any way?

Thx
It's the Creatine. Creatine has been a small miracle for me, regulated my bowels somewhat but more importantly stopping the soft-serve diahhrea consistency. I don't go everyday either anymore.

the soft-serve diahhrea consistency

LOL, but seriously it can be so useful to describe what BMs are like accurately!

I learned in the nursing home frequently long term/dependent residents have a BM consistency that is a soft paste from stool softeners.

the reason it interests me is nursing is fine with that, but I see therapy patients who need to be continent if at all possible and you really can't be if your BMs aren't formed to the extent that you know when you need to go. (and that paste never has an ending, also hard on anyone who isn't completely dependent for their hygiene)

Latest posts

Back