Maybe I live at Slickdeals?

Spiky Bugger

But I just sent out 18-rose flower arrangements, plus vases, to two people, at a grand total of about $44.00.

I don't know what they will think if there is a card in there mentioning that it's a "footballentine" arrangement...but from the photos, it just looks like 18 roses and a vase.

You have to use a VISA card. The codes are VISA39 or VISA63. For some reason, it won't take the order from my iPad, but will from my desktop (if you do not have VISA checkout--I don't--you may have to enter the chat thingy and ask why it's demanding you use VISA checkout and let them send you a new link...but it eventually worked without my having to join) and on the phone (if you can understand Tagalog accents at mach speed on not great connections.)

But I think it's a deal!

Oh, crap...I am sorry!!!

Within 24 hours of my placing this order...and it had to go via phone...with a CSR in the Philippines, my VISA was hacked and someone charged $500+ at Far Eastern University...in guess where!, that's right...in Manila.

Fuckers.

Maybe online is safe?

Oh noes!! Did you get VISA to reverse the charge and kill the card?
Yup. They texted me with a fraud alert and I responded immediately. So it was technically never charged to my account. (It was in pending status.) But we had to kill the cards and won't have a new set until Wednesday.

I have plenty of credit cards, so I won't suffer. It was just a lousy way to spend an evening.

Update: Customer Service Supervisor at 1-800-FLOWERS was VERY professional and attentive and sounded like she, on a personal level, wanted to know which of her staff, if any, was involved with this...especially since it was used at a local university. So she has already acquired the names of the employees with whom I communicated and she says that she or someone from security will be getting back to me.

Latest posts

Back