Gee, I Wonder Why Covid-19 is Spiking in TN?

k9ophile

Disclaimer: I love DH. He tolerates a lot of my shit rather good humoredly. So while I do my best to tune out the radio when he listens to his conservative talk shows, I do hear bits and snippets. I honestly don't think I'm taking those out of context. (For those who never hear that crap, you can pretty much guess what those asshats say about the "hoax" of Covid and mask use.)

I can't go anywhere locally without seeing a Trump something be it a yard sign, a T-shirt, or a honking big billboard. And it's usually multiple occurrences when I do go out. I limit myself to grocery stores, pharmacies, medical appointments, and drive-thru/take-outs. When those guidelines were eased, so many took it as a wide spread negation of said guidelines. Mask use was, maybe 60 to 75 percent of the shoppers under the stricter guidelines. Now it's closer to 30 to 50 percent. Next week, Sam's, Kroger, Publix, Wal-Mart, and CVS will require masks to enter the store. I'm predicting fist fights and/or shootings from the rabid Trump supporters who really don't need any egging on by the conservatives on TV and the radio.

In the meantime, I have accumulated a nice assortment of masks. Forget about matching purses and shoes. I compliment my outfit with any one of my colorful masks.

Last edited:
I live in a 55+ community in Debbie Lesko’s deep red district in the west valley of Phoenix. Chock full of Covidiots. I’m pretty sure there is going to be temporary housing price crash here in a few months when the estate sales all hit at the same time. Come live near me and help turn AZ blue!

I live in a 55+ community in Debbie Lesko’s deep red district in the west valley of Phoenix. Chock full of Covidiots. I’m pretty sure there is going to be temporary housing price crash here in a few months when the estate sales all hit at the same time. Come live near me and help turn AZ blue!
It's tempting. I miss my trips to NM and AZ. When we lived in CO, we went south for vacations. Hopeless as it may be, I'm going stay here and hope for the best. If I had more nerve, I'd put out yard signs opposing Trump. There was a rally to support Black Lives Matter after the killing of George Floyd. It was cancelled due to threats of violent counter protests. Quiet and behind the scenes is my strategy. I don't feel threatened most of the time, yet I take caution.

I’m pretty sure there is going to be temporary housing price crash here in a few months when the estate sales all hit at the same time.

do you mean from covid deaths? :unsure: seriously, my brother should know this - he is retired and lives in Minneapolis but doesn't like winter. maybe he'd snowbird.

Yup. One dead already from COVID that I’ve heard of. 637 cases in our zip code, though I’m not sure that includes cases at congregate housing, including the Perryville women’s prison and assisted living and nursing homes in this zip code.

Homes here are from about $250K - > $1M. Most in the lower range. The first one is across the street from me!

Latest posts

Back