May I have a bit of a pity party?

Go right ahead and whine if you need to. Meanwhile, are you eating ENOUGH? While I think your weight loss is excellent, it might be the same for you as it was for me at first. I wasn't getting ENOUGH calories in a day. I was only eating 700 calories because of my effing tight sleeve. When I got in more calories, my pants started falling off every time I turned around.

Which reminds me. Have you went shopping at Goodwill or Salvation Army lately? Their stuff here is CRAP all of a sudden. Like somebody is hoarding all the good shit and not giving it to the second hand stores any more.
I can't eat very much either. My calories are all over the place. I just went through my fitness pal. There was one day as low as 650 and one day I had 1650. It seems like I do best with hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks, chicken thighs and a protein shake or protein bar.

I haven't went to Goodwill because all my clothes are still fitting. Ours has always had nothing but crap. It's great if you want some acid washed jeans or a sweater with shoulder pads. Usually in the spring and fall can find good yard sales. The new thing that is big here is people are members of facebook pages and sell everything on there.

@Terri I had exactly the same starting weight as you. At one month out, I had lost 22 pounds. At two months out, I had lost 37. Pretty close to your results, huh?

This afternoon when I got home from vacation, I weighed 117.5

Don't fret, honey! It's happening for you! :)
@shann we are very close at one month I had lost 24 pounds. I saw the beach pic and you look fabulous!

I have found some OK stuff at Goodwill but it's not $1.99 like it used to be - more like 5 and 6 bucks for stuff that is only OK, not great. harumph. maybe everyone is taking their used clothes to resale shops instead of donating?

I agree with Terri, I joined a FB group recently (look for your city/town and "yard sale") and people are selling all their old clothes on their instead of donating them. That mixed with sites like thredup and people are trying to make a buck on their "good" stuff instead of just giving them to goodwill. Personally, I don't have the patience!

LOL, sweaters with shoulder pads! I remember thinking, wow, these shoulder pads make my hips look smaller.........

Anyone else remember sewing inserts into their jeans to make Elephant Bell Bottoms? And hip huggers with those halter tops? My husband used to call them Boob Tops, when we were dating. Oh, the fashions I have lived through. (shudder)

Hugs Terri. I get it. I agree with the not eating enough thought. That's what happened to me, I was not getting enough in. I'm fighting restriction this week too, just do what you can and enjoy the (long) ride.

Latest posts

Back