Life is AMAZING!!!!

It's been such a slow....S...L....O......W.. journey for me that it's been a while since I had a YAY moment....but that one was a biggie!

I don't know what it is....split personalities?? lol but there is something in me that just refuses to quit!!!! About a month ago I hit a low point questioning why I didn't take one of the 3 opportunities I had in hospital to die. My funk wasn't DS related but chronic pain related...sometimes it's hard to see a bright future when you can't move without breath-taking pain. Anyhow, I was lying in bed sobbing my heart out questioning why I was still here....and my ever so patient husband with his arms around me whispered....because there's a part of you that know's it's not going to be like this forever...and that part of you is stronger than the part that wants to give up.

Thats it in a nutshell. There is a part of me that is too damn stubborn to give up lol. And when I'm not crippled with pain I tend to have a Pollyanna-like perspective of the world. There is always something to be glad about :)

I'm still...STILL dealing with complications....hand is lame as ever....but I have learned to use it more yet rely on it less strength-wise, my thigh is still numb/burning most of the time...and that damn wound lol....that it almost healed though.....almost. Probably another 2 months though knowing my luck ;)

But all those things started over 6 months ago and have sorta become my new "normal" so coping with these issues isn't as traumatic and soul destroying as they were in the beginning. I just sorta get on with it :)

And here is me and the hubster...ain't we just the sweetest thangs? lol

10622827_10152226379712676_4660231315714104657_n_zpsb127cbe5.jpg

Latest posts

Back