Laproscopic DS scars?

tooshky

Hey guys, I've done some poking around and I can find a lot of info on scars for the VSG, lap band, etc but not much on the DS. Scars won't deter me from getting the surgery at all but I'd kinda like to know what to expect as far as the incisions are concerned. Are they similar to the VSG? Does anybody have pictures of their incisions or scars that they'd be willing to share?

TIA,
tooshky

My scars are the same as my sister's VSG scars, except I have 1 more where I had a drain for a week after being released from the hospital. They're no big deal. That being said, lots of people who have already had other abdominal surgeries need their DS done open if they have adhesions or other things that complicate their insides.

To me...because I had lap LapBand and open DS, I prefer the scar from the open. My lap surgery scars look a lot like I was riddled with buckshot. The DS incision is one straight, barely visible line from my sternum to my navel.

I have either 6 or 8 small incisions. I can't recall. They're incredibly faint & one is in/at my navel and can't really be seen at all.

Last edited:
As both my lap DS scars and my belly are the color of a sheet of paper, I have to look hard to find them. They radiate around my belly button. The largest one, which I understand to be where they removed the stomach is a teeny stripe about 1 cm long. The others run from the size of a pimple (puncture wounds from drain tubes? can't remember anymore) to about a half cm line. They are not raised, but rather cleanly embedded within the surface of my skin, so it is difficult to find them even with touch. My scars from my other surgeries, while camouflaged by my pastiness are far more pronounced, but they were from open procedures and the shortest of these is about 20 cm.

I have a difficult time finding my scars except where my drain was. The lap incisions aren't much more than 1/4 inch long. It doesn't matter much to me, though, because I would never contemplate going around shirtless.

I have a difficult time finding my scars except where my drain was. The lap incisions aren't much more than 1/4 inch long. It doesn't matter much to me, though, because I would never contemplate going around shirtless.
Perhaps I could assemble a team willing to help you search?

I can't remember but they were all cut off with abdominoplasty. 8 yrs on and even that anchor cut is hard to see.

Latest posts

Back