Just Started My Research

The surgery went really well. My surgeon was Dr. Jay Roberts out of Fort Worth TX. He fixed a hernia I didn’t know I had but I believe that is pretty common. I had to stay in the hospital an extra night because my bladder wouldn’t wake up after the anesthesia. If I’m interpreting the report correctly, I have a 125 cm common channel. I’m home now and just trying to walk and sip.

Awesome! Walking and sipping are your jobs right now. Hang in there, it gets better and it's so worth it.

Congratulations! It will get a little bit better every day from here. Please remember to stay hydrated!

5 days post op.
I made the mistake of going on the scale when I got home from the hospital to see how much gas was still in me.

I’m still doing ok except for a bit of diarrhea.
Counting down the days till I can eat some blended broccoli cheddar soup.

craving hot wings but I guess I can’t have that for quite a while.

I’m 14 days post op. Slowly getting back to 100%. Still have the diarrhea but it hasn’t been bothersome and I’ve been on liquids since before the surgery.
I went to an IV therapy place to get in extra fluids and was so dehydrated they took 3x to get the IV in.
I have an appointment with the dietician tomorrow and I believe that’s purée stage. I really hope that includes some eggs and cheese (well chewed).
Some tender areas in my belly but other than that everything is going good.

Ariazoom glad you got an IV and everything is going well. Keep sipping - it's so important to stay hydrated. Hang in there. You are through the toughest part. Happy 2022.

I went to an IV therapy place to get in extra fluids and was so dehydrated they took 3x to get the IV in.

I'm glad you went in and hope you are able to do better staying hydrated. you have to sip all day long, nonstop!

I’m 42 days post op and I’ve lost about 42 pounds so far. I’m currently on the solid food stage.
I’ve been having some pain after swallow food and I wonder if I have a stricture. It’s not so bad that I regurgitate the food, it’s just a heavy pain like it gets stuck for a while. It also may be me taking too big bites and/or not chewing enough.

Strictures are very unlikely with the DS, though not impossible. It's more likely that you're eating too much at a time (even one bite too many is too much) or, as you said, not chewing enough or bites are too big. Slow down, chew carefully, small bites and see what happens. If that doesn't work, or course consult your surgeon.

Today I tried really to really concentrate, take smaller bites and chew really well but still had pain. Maybe I’m not quite healed enough for soft or solid foods yet. I’ll talk to the doctor.

Good decision! Let us know what the doctor says. Folks here are genuinely concerned about each other.

Latest posts

Back