Just sayin' hello!

JaimeOBX

My name is Jaime, 40 years old, married for 20 years, mom to 13 year old twin girls, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a hamster. I had the SADI/DS in August of 2016. I've lost over 100 pounds from my highest weight, but I currently don't know exactly how much I weigh. DH hid the scale from me on May 1 and he said I can weigh again on June 1. I got a little obsessed with the scale when it stopped moving. :) Looking forward to meeting new people and learning a lot.

Hey Jaime, Welcome on! I am a newbie myself. I am having my DS surgery June 7th and would love to hear your story!

Hey Jaime, Welcome on! I am a newbie myself. I am having my DS surgery June 7th and would love to hear your story!

I still feel like a newbie! I started out at 391 and I'm somewhere around 280 now. The scale hasn't moved much in a few months so I'm a little frustrated. I'm really hoping when i weigh again on June 1 I'm down a few more pounds.

Hang in there, the DS works give it time. I stalled for 4 weeks and then down three pounds in a week. If you are eatting a lot of carbs, cut them out. Let us know what happens June 1

Welcome! It's so easy to get obsessed with the scale (you're not alone). And the stalls sometime make me go crazy. A month with 0 movement or a 1 lb gain, and then all of the sudden I'll be down 4 lb the next week.

For me it helps to just remember no matter where the scale is when I'm stalled or bouncing up a pound or 2, it is far from the 350 lb it was at when I had my surgery-- which makes it a win.

Latest posts

Back