It's hell getting older

@southernlady one of my coworkers has 3 trigger finger surgeries, and she was out for a while, she was better when she came back, hope you will recover swiftly

We got there early. We were almost there when I got a phone call to move me up. Apprarently the person ahead was a no-show.

Worst part was getting numbed up. Kept telling me to relax, HA!! Hie was teaching while doing mine.

The numb is starting to wear off so just took a pain pill. I suspect tomorrow will be the worst day.

It's the right hand and I am right handed. Makes for real fun.

@southernlady hope you're doing well! My dad had this same surgery a few months ago. He was good to go in a week or 2. Back to normal and no further issues. Good luck!

Glad you are on the other side of the procedure and hope that your finger soon will be return being able to signal other drivers as necessary. In the meantime, I guess you'll just have to give 'em a thumbs-up from the passenger seat! Feel better soon!

Hah - as you note, I would be unable to drive without my middle left finger. Charles doesn't like it when I use the right one to talk for him when we drive together, ever since I flipped someone off when he was driving, and the someone turned out to be two big burly rough-looking guys 15 years younger and a few inches taller, and they tried to play road-rage games with us afterwards. He said that he gets to pick his own fights, and I am not allowed to pick them for him. I have mostly abided by his wishes ... but sometimes, my fingers have a mind of their own ...

Hah - as you note, I would be unable to drive without my middle left finger. Charles doesn't like it when I use the right one to talk for him when we drive together, ever since I flipped someone off when he was driving, and the someone turned out to be two big burly rough-looking guys 15 years younger and a few inches taller, and they tried to play road-rage games with us afterwards. He said that he gets to pick his own fights, and I am not allowed to pick them for him. I have mostly abided by his wishes ... but sometimes, my fingers have a mind of their own ...
Mine behave pretty well. I'm more likely to tell people to read between the lines!

Yes it sucks getting old. I'm so broke down at 40 I can't imagine 55 or 60. Huh

I hope everything goes smoothly and it does not cause you to much pain in recovery.

I get my STITCHES out this afternoon! I have kept a bandage over it to remind me I am still healing. Dh has had to help wash the few dishes that don't go in the dishwasher.

Stitches are out....he told me to be careful to be sure it doesn't pop open but it shouldn't at this point. Told him I had been wearing a bandage to remind me.
He was amazed at how fast my incision healed (extra protein helped) and I told him I did lots of protein.

Now my hand surgeon (and the Med student he was teaching today) are both very normal/thin. But we told them why we concentrate on protein. That meant bringing out our pre-op photos and then the diagram of the DS...he was intrigued. He found it fascinating that it was a malabsoprtive procedure that PRESERVED the pyloric valve. And while neither of them need to lose anything, they ARE in a position to remember and maybe pass the word along.

It IS my middle finger on my right hand. But as a driver, I would use the left hand for that. ;)

I know this is old, lol, but I think this is what I was diagnosed with a few months ago. But I forgot about it amongst all my other diagnosis and issues. I had a myriad of weird symptoms that were like diabetes, thyroid and ME all together...the Rhemy says that = Fibro.

Anyhow, on my left hand, my middle finger won't go down when I make a fist..I mean it goes down lol Im know always flipping the bird, but I cannot touch my palm with that finger. I also have a protruding ligament in that hand. Im such a mess lol and Im only 37!

All of that to say, you aren't alone!

I know this is old, lol, but I think this is what I was diagnosed with a few months ago. But I forgot about it amongst all my other diagnosis and issues. I had a myriad of weird symptoms that were like diabetes, thyroid and ME all together...the Rhemy says that = Fibro.

Anyhow, on my left hand, my middle finger won't go down when I make a fist..I mean it goes down lol Im know always flipping the bird, but I cannot touch my palm with that finger. I also have a protruding ligament in that hand. Im such a mess lol and Im only 37!

All of that to say, you aren't alone!
Roo, sorry you are dealing with that. I will say that now, almost a year out from that surgery, it healed very well. I do have a bump of scar tissue to remind me where the incision was but it works just fine and honestly the scar tissue is more a visual reminder than anything else. It doesn't get in my way of doing anything.

Latest posts

Back