It's hell getting older

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
3 years ago, I developed a trigger finger. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00024 Got the cortisone shot for it...helped for 2+ years.

Last spring, it came back...got another cortisone shot (and had completely forgotten they hurt like a MOTHERFUCKER when put in the pad at the base of the affected finger).

It started hurting again before Christmas (notice this shot only lasted 6 months not 2 years). So I decided to go the surgery route. They just numb the hand and go in a very small incision right where the tendon is entrapped. Tomorrow afternoon is surgery...but since it is a local to my hand, not prep needed.

I hope it goes easy & you recover fully and with all the pain relief you need.

it really is hell, I meet so many old people that are just gobsmacked with what-all has gone wrong with them.

Huh - I made a post and it showed up in quintuplicate. I deleted one, and they all went away.

Ugh - just ugh. But better to fix things when they are minor, and before they get worse and make you miserable. Charles claims I keep "putting him up on the rack" - but what I want is for him to fix the little cumulative things that make him miserable, so we can BOTH enjoy our lives. You are doing the right thing, of course! But ugh, nonetheless.

Thanks, everyone...not looking forward to it but I know I NEED to do it. You can FEEL the swollen node at the base of the finger. And resting hasn't helped. Being diabetic for almost two decades didn't help either.

Huh - I made a post and it showed up in quintuplicate. I deleted one, and they all went away.
I have had that happen...what I have learned to do when it's a post well thought out is to copy it...then go back to the forum index and then check the thread again...95% of the time, my post is THERE.

Ugh - just ugh. But better to fix things when they are minor, and before they get worse and make you miserable. Charles claims I keep "putting him up on the rack" - but what I want is for him to fix the little cumulative things that make him miserable, so we can BOTH enjoy our lives. You are doing the right thing, of course! But ugh, nonetheless.

Next time he says that tell him...its better to be "put up on the rack" than on the "slab".

Yeah, getting old is definitely not for sissy’s! I have bad days and better days but never GOOD days when nothing hurts! But..WTF else can you do, right..lol I hope you get that resolved Liz, will be wishing well for you.

P.S. Looking on the “bright side”.....…good thing it’s not your middle finger, you wouldn’t be able to drive,..…...at least not here in Texas :D!

Yeah, getting old is definitely not for sissy’s! I have bad days and better days but never GOOD days when nothing hurts! But..WTF else can you do, right..lol I hope you get that resolved Liz, will be wishing well for you.

P.S. Looking on the “bright side”.....…good thing it’s not your middle finger, you wouldn’t be able to drive,..…...at least not here in Texas :D!
It IS my middle finger on my right hand. But as a driver, I would use the left hand for that. ;)

Latest posts

Back