introductions and good news!!!! I have a revision surgery date!!!

SmilinsShrinking

Hi guys!

My name is Joni. I'm a 45 year old from Kent, WA. I was banded back in 2008. I did lose 100+ pounds, but not from restriction, but from making weight loss my #1 focus. Life happened... I lived, loved and had fun... My weight started creeping back on. I dieted several more times, losing and gaining over and over.... And yet, when we added it up, I had lost more than 450 pounds in my lifetime. And where was I? Almost back to my highest weight ever.

I started looking into getting a revision, but I was very embarrassed. I didn't think that people would understand and be super judgy. But, with the help of a couple of wonderful friends and the support of online support boards, I decided that I just have to do what is best for me. And, I wasn't alone!!!

I started reading about different types of WLS and that is when I first learned about the Duedenal Switch. It was like a light went off. The more I've read about it, the more I'm hopeful that I've found a tool that I think could help me get to a manageable weight and STAY there!!!

I will be a self pay, as my insurance has zero barbaric coverage. So, as I've been researching my options, I've read about Dr. Equerry and his staff at Mexicali Bariatric Center. I've decided to have my revision surgery there and have an August 4th date!!! I'm very excited!! I am using the time between now and then to lose, get a little stronger, so healing will go smoothly. And most importantly, to keep learning from you all!!!

Welcome! Good to see you here. Lots of other Esquerra grads who can answer any questions you may have.
I love how your insurance doesn't cover any "barbaric" surgery. Best misspell ever. And some of the surgeries we've heard about have been barbaric, too.

HI @SmilinsShrinking welcome to the board! you have found the best DS support site on the internet. I am a lap-band revision to DS too but Lord knows I did not lose 100 pounds - lost about 40 or 45 and 25 of that was pre-op- had that damn band a lot of years and finally had the DS nearly a year ago. I alway suggest using the bookmark feature to save stuff you might need to refer to later. Comes in very handy.

welcome to the board!

Welcome Smilin! I am personally aware of 7 people who had epic failures with that damnable lap band. It IS a barbaric procedure and should be banned. Only 1 woman successfully lost weight, over 100 lbs, but the band so eroded her stomach she required emergency surgery to remove it. The rest just were tortured for months on end, paying $200 a pop for fills and being sick all the time, yet lost hardly any weight. Gratz to you! And welcome.
:welcome:

Thank you all for the warm welcome That typo is pretty funny, I think I'll leave it. ( thank you iPad autocorrect)
I'm sure looking forward to getting to know you all and learning from you.

Latest posts

Back