I'm OUT! :D

more2adore

YAYYY! I got sprung from the hospital today. Hubby and I stopped and got me a Double Whopper with extra cheese meal since it has lots of protein. And I made sure to get a large chocolate shake since I'm tolerating fluids so well. I even had hubby sit on the Whopper first so it was more of a pureed food texture. :D

APRIL FOOLS! Hee hee hee! I am out of the hospital, though, and enjoying sip sip sipping some Optifast soup since they've cleared me for free fluids. :)

Gonna get off the Optifast ASAP since it's not great with sugar/carbs but hubby isn't going grocery shopping for a couple hours yet and I wanted to keep the fluids going!

PS - no real fluid restriction is normal, right, even this early out? Pretty sure I've read that it is many times. The 4oz at a time limit is for solids, not liquids, right?

well you got me! I was going what... whaaattt..... WWHHAAATTT!!!! I knew you was gonna get a whoppin'. I am glad you are sprung. Can't answer your questions, but the others will..

You're doing great...your tummy will tell you if it's too much!
I never had any trouble drinking lots after my sleeve. I could take regular drinks...not just baby sips..at just a few days out.

I just couldn't stop thinking of the person I heard about who stopped for a Big Mac on his way home from surgery and was shocked when he had a leak afterwards. I couldn't imagine doing that before, and now that I know what it feels like post surgery I REALLY can't imagine it now! Sorry... I couldn't resist playing a little prank. :)

I keep waiting to find out I'm doing something wrong! Lol. It's still uncomfortable swallowing tablets - still makes me a wee bit nauseated - and if I drink a lot too fast I get nauseated as well, so I slow it down. Other than that... Smooth sailing. :)

Gonna get off the Optifast ASAP since it's not great with sugar/carbs but hubby isn't going grocery shopping for a couple hours yet and I wanted to keep the fluids going!

PS - no real fluid restriction is normal, right, even this early out? Pretty sure I've read that it is many times. The 4oz at a time limit is for solids, not liquids, right?

yes. Normal. When I had my VSG the surgeon wouldn't release me until I was at 2ltrs a day as I was bigger than the usual patient and higher risk for dehydration....or some jazz like that lol. I was on clear liquids for a week, non clear for a week, sloppies, then soft. So like a month. And I was hungry on liquids. All normal. :)

Welcome to the loser side!

I keep waiting to find out I'm doing something wrong! Lol. It's still uncomfortable swallowing tablets - still makes me a wee bit nauseated - and if I drink a lot too fast I get nauseated as well, so I slow it down. Other than that... Smooth sailing. :)

I still can upchuck liquids if I drink too fast! I don't ever learn either. If Im super thirsty and chugging squash, it comes back for a quick reunion ;)

Glad I read to the end of your post before I started typing!! :) You got me!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:......Diana's fingers were filling up with freshly oxygenated blood getting ready for a long and concise precision laser guided oratorical response!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You got me too!!! I must admit, I was thinking..WTF??? after just a few days, a burger :ROFLMAO:. GLAD you're out though and doing well!

Latest posts

Back