I have Covid

yes, the thing I can't stop wondering is how long am I going to be sick?

thank goodness I moved somewhere I have a porch to sit on and it's summer. I'm out there now, birdwatching. an excellent activity for someone with very low energy. :)

Just seeing this. This sucks, but I t most definitely could be worse, in so many ways.

I hate to say this, but I think you’re the first person most of us “know” who has gotten infected and sick from a breakthrough infection post-vaccination. I’m interested in knowing how you do each day, how you are feeling, etc. Many of us may get infected post-vax too.

(As I head off to see my father in rehab …)

Just seeing this. This sucks, but I t most definitely could be worse, in so many ways.

I hate to say this, but I think you’re the first person most of us “know” who has gotten infected and sick from a breakthrough infection post-vaccination. I’m interested in knowing how you do each day, how you are feeling, etc. Many of us may get infected post-vax too.

(As I head off to see my father in rehab …)
I agree. Please keep on posting then we will know you are sick but OK.

yes, the thing I can't stop wondering is how long am I going to be sick?

thank goodness I moved somewhere I have a porch to sit on and it's summer. I'm out there now, birdwatching. an excellent activity for someone with very low energy. :)
Well, I asked MiniSue. She said that she lost her sense of taste, then was tested on June 16th. She had only a few moments of feeling really sick. She mostly felt tired and “blerghy” (I don’t know that word, either) until her fever broke. She returned to work on July 7th. But she was working ”from home” (meaning her office here.) If she had been required to get dressed for work, commute into downtown, interact with others, etc, she would have needed another week off.

She wrote: I had some really bad coughing days after I was “better.” It was a bit of a roller coaster for a few weeks. I remember telling [a friend who is an RN] that I knew I would be okay, but the good days made the bad days seem worse.

She keeps asking me how you are feeling.

And, Jackie, about reporting your symptoms…do not neglect to include fatigue if you are experiencing it. ”Brave little troopers,” like you, tend to overlook that symptom or chalk it up to boredom or being ”sick and tired of being sick and tired.” It is a symptom of this virus and is not the same as “just being tired.”

If you do not include it as an ongoing symptom, you may be sent back to work too soon and end up getting sicker.

And that’s an order. ( :)please? )

“This just in…”

99.9% of those who have contracted COVID-19 after being vaccinated have not been sick enough to require hospitalization.

So, there’s that.

Wish you all the best.. the good news is vaccinated folks who get covid get mild cases

The only helpful info I have is, if you take zinc, take it with quercetin. In supplement form that's 500 mg of quercetin, and 50 mg of zinc. The quercetin helps the zinc absorption on a cellular level (it's an ionophore, i.e., it makes a channel for the zinc through the cell membrane )

If you want to get it from food try oysters (zinc) with capers (quercetin).. You'd have to eat an awful lot to get to supplement levels, but perhaps a little might help. We'll that, and you can rarely do yourself harm ( from zinc or quercetin od) with food.

I eat canned smoked oysters and bottled capers.

thank you everyone for the kind thoughts and information.

Please keep on posting then we will know you are sick but OK.
that's how it is: I'm sick but OK. I haven't been ANY kind of sick for a long time - years since I've even had a cold - so I know I'm overreating to it. it's only day 5 but I am appalled to still be getting new symptoms.

Today? No sense of smell. very weird.
also, very up and down: yesterday I felt so good around midday that I took a shower but by 5:00 I had a terrible headache.

She keeps asking me how you are feeling.

sick, but could be worse. Everyone is assuming because I am vaxxed that I will have a mild case but nobody knows.

It is a symptom of this virus and is not the same as “just being tired.”

wow, that is true. I am very tired and haven't mentioned it in my daily text to my boss. I think the only symptom she is actually interested in is fever.

and I think I am more stupid than usual: I am struggling to write this post! multiquotes, too hard!

I wish I had a better idea of what I SHOULD be doing, besides "rest and hydrate".

and hydrating is hard: the first taste of ginger ale I had seemed perfect and I sucked down half a 2 liter bottle but now it tastes too sweet, yuck.

and I've always had the idea that if my body wants to have a fever I should let it, so was originally reluctant to take the pills to bring it down, but I was so miserable when it was over 100 I have been taking them anyway. at some point I need to wait and see if the fever goes back up again.

I am SO glad it's summer and I have a place to sit outside and listen to birds! have I posted that before?

I think you’re the first person most of us “know” who has gotten infected and sick from a breakthrough infection post-vaccination.
so far the news keeps calling the breakthrough infection rare, but I suspect it won't be nearly as rare very soon; sadly!

shouldn't someone want to study me?

so far the news keeps calling the breakthrough infection rare, but I suspect it won't be nearly as rare very soon; sadly!

shouldn't someone want to study me?
Most likely someone does want to study you. That's why the journal/diary is important. I bet someone will contact you. Stay strong and keep your fever down! Drink anything and drink a lot of it!

Latest posts

Back