I got nearnuff dead but Im ok....NOW!

Oh, Roo...sorry you have to keep the PIC line for now but sounds like you are getting better day by day!
And my left hand is killing me!!!! Serious neuropathic damage happened in the 6 days asleep. I can feel every zap and zing of each nerve coming back to life and it really really hurts. Seriously hurts way worse than any part of my DSed body.
OH, I completely understand this feeling. Sounds like lots of pressure was left on your ulnar nerve and it's hell when it wakes up.

Roo, one thing I learned LONG ago with nerve issues...don't try to shake it awake...it actually will damage it even more...you just have to deal with the pain for awhile. DO make sure you aren't putting pressure on the elbow (that is where the ulnar nerve is on the underside and can be trapped between the bone in the elbow and whatever you arm is resting on...so be aware.

Roo, one thing I learned LONG ago with nerve issues...don't try to shake it awake...it actually will damage it even more...you just have to deal with the pain for awhile. DO make sure you aren't putting pressure on the elbow (that is where the ulnar nerve is on the underside and can be trapped between the bone in the elbow and whatever you arm is resting on...so be aware.

LOL, I just had to raise up off my elbow lol. I have also been trying to shake, pull and pop awake my poor hand. At least its not orange anymore. I do wish I could feel water on it. In due time! I shall forget most of this.

Roo, you are doing great. If it weren't for the sick part I'd love to be in Victorian London, sounds like such an adventure. Every day you will get better and if you never have buyers remorse, not a problem. Keep your eye on the prize ;)

Roo, you are such a trooper! How am I going to whine and be squeamish for my routine tests when you set such a high bar for positivity during surgical recovery?! ;)

thanks for the update, Roo, and sorry to hear about the nerve pain. but you got some sleep!!!! :woohoo:

Oh holy shit girl.....I've been so feck'n busy and wrapped up in my own shit I missed this...and you. Honey get well. I'm a shit friend too...never called when I should have.

Sending gentle healing hugs. X

The central line is OUT!!!!! yay!!!! Now, if they can find a community nurse that does wound-vacs in my area, I will be going home tomorrow :) I'm ready for my own bed.

Eating now....a bit. SF jelly (jello) and meaty bits. Have no idea of the counts...I just have to eat and drink enough to keep myself off the tpn. When I get home, I can hit the floor running. TBH, I don't even care about weight loss whilst in here. I went super critical.....in several ways, but I made it. I lived. I rock! Once I get home I can focus on diet and weight loss knowing I am 100% out of the deathly hollows. :)

Not to be Dorothy - but, there's no place like home! So happy to see you are getting ready for release soon! So proud of you girl, you've been to hell and back. You DO rock! Keep practicing the sipping:cocktail:...4wks out, and I'm still having issues with getting the water in! Damn nausea!

Happy fortnightiversary!! Just aim to be getting in 30g of protein in by the time you're 30 days out.

Didn't I tell you that you'd end up eating less even if you didn't get re-sleeved. Pat yourself on the back for completing the 5 day pouch test - and then some!! :)

Latest posts

Back