I got nearnuff dead but Im ok....NOW!

Glad you're home! Maybe with the right vites and rest in your own home the hand will come back quicker. :) so glad to "see" you here again! :fit:

glad you are home, Roo, we really missed you. what the heck, how did this happen to hour hand? ??

Not sure. Could have happened during surgery or during the 5 days I was out cold. I can move my fingers, but I have no feeling except pins and needles and burning. It's weird. When I told my surgeon he said I don't have the typical neuropathy that follows surgery and I said, leave it to me to be atypical...and he gave me the hand lmao. I think I made him work really hard for his money, but he is also a caring guy and came to check up on me every couple of days.

I'm still not sure which memories are real and which memories were part of delusions....maybe I will never know?! I do know that I scared the shit out of my husband. I also know that whilst I was out for the duration my fever was dangerously high and whilst he was there he put cool clothes on my forehead. I have an amazing life partner, love him ta bits!

If you guys could see how I am typing, you would laugh. My right hand works fine, but the only finger that works on my left is my pinky....I have a gimp hand :( Doesn't seem to be improving at all, but I am still hopeful that one day I will wake up and it will be ok.

I'm also a lot weaker than I expected. I'm bed bound at the moment and getting to the loo 5 feet away is a challenge. I have never been this immobile before, even at my highest weight and tbh it is kinda terrifying. Today is my first full day home so I am just resting, but tomorrow I want to start walking to the door and back a few times as I cannot imagine watching life pass by from a bed.

Eating is going well. My sleeve shrunk after 2.5 weeks not eating, so thats nice :) I was on TPN through a central line for most of the time. Todays protein total will be 120g which isn't bad for 3 weeks out :)

I tossed the dissolvable multivits as I just couldn't drink anymore and took 2 multi's for now. I need to organise what I have but hopefully this new out, the 2 multis will suffice for a couple of days.

I can't believe I'm still here after all the hoohaa! I did try to tell everyone I thought it was going to go pear shaped but no one would listen....oh well, I lived and that's all that matters :)

Sorry if there are lots of mistakes in this post....still getting used to gimp hand :(

Have patience with your hand, once you're a bit more mobile and feeling more normal hopefully it'll come back. I hope you're right handed.

BTW check out your thread as there's a calcium citrate we can get on the NHS http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/uk-people-hook-me-up.517/page-2#post-12093

Diana clarified about how this calcium works here http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/calcium-carbonate-transformed-to-calcium-citrate.889/#post-12132

You'll still have occasion to use your other calcium as I'm sure there will be times it's not convenient to take the effervescent stuff.

please be careful with the transfer to the loo and any other walking you do - have you got a walker (I think they call them a frame) to hang on to? besides being weak, I wouldn't be surprised if you are light-headed.

AE390-2.jpg

So so so so so glad you're home!! Hopefully you're on the road to full recovery-- including that gimpy hand!

Don't worry about the vitamins at this point - it took me months to work up to the full schedule. Also, don't try and walk without someone around to make sure you don't end up down for the count-- I passed out several times! Lightheadedness + weakness is not a good combination.

Take care of yourself, honey! xoxoxo

I'm so glad to hear that you are home. Please take it easy. Point your toes, then flex them. Keep your legs moving.

I can't take narcotics like Morphine, either. The hallucinations were God-awful, things I'd never want to relive or remember.

Maybe physical therapy later on for your hand? Perhaps a pinched nerve?

I have seen your posts on other threads, but just finished reading your surgery story here. WOW is all I've got. I am pre-op but after reading this I will feel almost ashamed to whine about my aches and pains after I have my DS surgery. You are definitely a force to be reckoned with, a real trooper.

Latest posts

Back