Hungry? Gas?

cris

I get this pain at the bottom of my breast bone, my tummy grumbles and it moves down. Sounds like a ravenous stomach, but I thought that part of the stomach is taken away and we aren't supposed to feel hunger? I can't eat much. Still a struggle to get 4oz cream soup in. Drink mostly clears still. Going to try shakes tomorrow to see if they sustain me better.

Plus side is I'm down 10 pounds in one week.

I get this pain at the bottom of my breast bone, my tummy grumbles and it moves down. Sounds like a ravenous stomach, but I thought that part of the stomach is taken away and we aren't supposed to feel hunger? I can't eat much. Still a struggle to get 4oz cream soup in. Drink mostly clears still. Going to try shakes tomorrow to see if they sustain me better.

Plus side is I'm down 10 pounds in one week.
Sounds like you may need a PPI. That can seem to be "hunger" and as early out as you are, your sleeve and brain are not communicating very well since the nerves were cut/abused, etc.

Just got some Prevacid...I will try anything right now. There is no burning pain one would associate with the typical acid problems, but we will see. This rolling thunder just has got to go. I heard the acid could also be because of the hiatal hernia repair that was done the same day?

Just got some Prevacid...I will try anything right now. There is no burning pain one would associate with the typical acid problems, but we will see. This rolling thunder just has got to go. I heard the acid could also be because of the hiatal hernia repair that was done the same day?
"Burning pain" is not "typical acid problem." This is a misconception.

I take Prevacid, prescription strength. I still feel "growly" and "hungry" most of the time. Maybe when I get my labs done I will have the doc try something new.

Growls and hunger feeling so much better. Still can't get much food in though, so it must be the Prevacid working. There still is so much pressure at the breast bone even after just a trickle sip. doctor follow up on Tuesday. We will see his opinions then.

Latest posts

Back