How to Eliminate Snacking

Honeybeeblue

Hello

I am starting to really struggle with snacking when if get home from work. I do very well at work and stick to the small portions and Control the need to eat when bored. However the minute I get home the eating starts and I need to will power to really cut this out. The scale hasn't moved in months and I know why.
So anyone out there have any good tips or advice. Maybe a kick in the butt is what I need.

Thanks again.

I sure wish I knew. And my triglycerides are bit elevated and it's the garbage I eat.

I'm bored, nervous, agitated in general, unable to do much right now, and I shouldn't have the garbage in the house and I KNOW that. I'm VALIUM DEFICIENT....and I'm substituting junk food!

Okay...here's the official answer: eat protein and avoid carbs.

Yeah...sometimes, that's tough!!

Why on earth would I eliminate snacking? It's the only way I can get all my protein in. I'm currently nomming on Asiago cheese and raw carrots.

Stop eating so many carbs, eat more cheese, jerky, seeds, nuts, salami, etc. for your "snacking" and start doing some weight bearing exercise.

I hate the kick in the butt thing but some people say it helps.

I try to do the radical selfcare thing and eat a snack that I would give to someone I love and care about. a little child, for example. :inlove:

sometimes it works.

I'm VALIUM DEFICIENT

LOL - I know my desire for wine/alcohol completely goes away when I am eating crap like cookies

I'm early out but keep jerky, summer sausage, and beef sticks around for a snack, and my family has been pretty supportive by not buying chips, cookies, and other crap.

I'm early out but keep jerky, summer sausage, and beef sticks around for a snack, and my family has been pretty supportive by not buying chips, cookies, and other crap.
I have a silly question- what exactly is summer sausage? I never tried it and was always confused by the fact that it's not refrigerated :confused:

I usually have venison sausage. Venison mixed with pork,beef,seasoning, and fat. At least as far as I know - I just eat it :)

I have a silly question- what exactly is summer sausage? I never tried it and was always confused by the fact that it's not refrigerated :confused:
It's one of the disgusting-looking things I try to NEVER allow in my refrigerator. Along with blood sausage. (Mr. Sue's father was a butcher...ugh.)

ETA...I KNOW...it doesn't have to be refrigerated...but that's even worse.

It's one of the disgusting-looking things I try to NEVER allow in my refrigerator. Along with blood sausage. (Mr. Sue's father was a butcher...ugh.)

ETA...I KNOW...it doesn't have to be refrigerated...but that's even worse.
That's kinda how I always felt, but I also felt the same about jerky, and now I'm a convert. I like to try new things, but sometimes can't get past a weird texture :rolleyes:

I'm a converted snackaholic. Prior to surgery I almost never snacked; now I almost never stop.

@DianaCox recommended Nature Valley Protein bars in a post once and I have since developed a two-a-day habit for the Peanut and Dark Chocolate variety. And, thank goodness I live not far from the Wisconsin border because near America's Dairyland the constant shoveling of cheese into my mouth does not appear to be looked at askance.

Latest posts

Back