How long did your post-surgery exhaustion last?

I took 3 weeks off initially. Near the end of the 3rd week, I was still too exhausted, so I added two more weeks to that. Was back in my classroom full time at week 6 and did well.

I took 6 weeks off of work and it was perfect for me. Eased into things by combining work from home and work from office for a few weeks after that. Back at full steam now (I'm almost 3 months out) but I still find myself very tired at the end of a work day - physically and mentally exhausted. It takes time and everyone if different. You will find your own pace. Just give yourself permission to rest when you need to and say 'no' sometimes!

I'm dealing with the tiredness more now than I was thexpecting first week. Once I started eating pureed food I started to feel it.

I went for my 2 week checkup yesterday and everything is healing nicely but that trip took it out of me. I slept about 9 hours last night and I'm napping off and on today.

I can't wait to get some energy back. I do feel good when I first wake-up for about an hour, then the tiredness kicks back in.
sleep all you need dude...your body needs it. You will get it back and I know it is frustrating but you will get it back.

I am still tired and my surgery was nearly three months ago. However, I attribute a lot of that to the stress of stuff going on around me rather than the surgery, maybe quite wrongfully so. I keep hoping that the spring will be back in my step once I start school in two weeks. We'll see. :)

I was still breaking a sweat from a warm shower and would need to sit down to dry off at 3mo.. it takes a while. Surgery, combined with suddenly low intake of fuel equals feeling puny for a while.

Latest posts

Back