Hi!

Ashleyadw1

I've been lurking for a few days and I love this site! My DS surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 7:30am EDT. (yikes!!!). I'm excited for this new journey, but pretty scared as I've never been under anesthesia. I look forward to walking this journey with you all :)

I've been lurking for a few days and I love this site! My DS surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 7:30am EDT. (yikes!!!). I'm excited for this new journey, but pretty scared as I've never been under anesthesia. I look forward to walking this journey with you all :)
Welcome and good luck! Looking forward to following your journey.

Sorry for the delay in response.

Surgery went well! My doctor actually told me I was almost his best time on DS (he would fave finished in 2.5 hours) if he hadn't dropped a stitch and needed to start the stitch line over. So it ended up taking him a little over 3 hours. I have 8 entry sites, 2 right on top of each other.

I stayed in the hospital for 3 days/2 nights and I'm now back home. I'm really struggling with hitting my liquid and protein goals....mainly because I have no desire to eat and I'm really scared of throwing up because the dry heaving hurts so bad. Any advice?

Glad you are home and yes it is very hard for some of us,early on. Your main goal for next 30 days is hydration. Don't let anything get in.the way of that, and that includes protein. That being said protein drinks of you can do them are a double whammy because it counts toward protein goal and liquid goal.

Just keep searching for a drink you can get down and follow the sip, wak, rest model.

Best wishes

Glad you are home and yes it is very hard for some of us,early on. Your main goal for next 30 days is hydration. Don't let anything get in.the way of that, and that includes protein. That being said protein drinks of you can do them are a double whammy because it counts toward protein goal and liquid goal.

Just keep searching for a drink you can get down and follow the sip, wak, rest model.

Best wishes

What is wak?

congrats on getting your surgery done!
Don't sweat the protein for now. Your body has protein stores to get you through the first few tough weeks. Just focus on staying hydrated - that's hard enough without worrying about protein. Try different liquids, different temperatures, even different brands of bottled water, just find something that works for you. Recovery sucks but it will all be worth it.

Latest posts

Back