Hi from Texas!

"In my "Lay" opinion, the only thing left to figure out is establishing a relationship with a PCP, or somehow posthumously putting together the history part."

Posthumously is a little too late.

Yeah, Of course not that kind of posthumously, not in the literal sense..lol meaning after the fact. If I'm reading correctly, she also has had little or no history with a PCP, which just might take some extra time to establish coupled with a dash of "creativity".

Okay, throwing this out..doesn't HAVE to be a PCP...can be any doctor seen over the last years who took a height/weight.
Some more commonly seen by women are ob/gyn even when we don't see a PCP.

I've been to docs, just not a PCP - so I am gathering records from places like Care Now, GYN, ENT, etc. Since I don't need pre-approval for these other things, I don't have a PCP. Especially since when I'm sick and need one, I can't get in for a week.

According to the information Dr. Ayoola's office filled out, he does NOT limit the DS to those over a 50 BMI http://www.dsfacts.com/profile?id=22

His office was saying my insurance has that requirement. But I wrote them back this afternoon, after Diana set me straight, and told them this is my policy, if BCBS denies I plan on appealing. Please send me the DS lab workup - and, she did. So, I dunno. We shall see. :dontknow:

@robs477 you need a better OB/GYN!

And to Purple Frog and any other pre-op, this is a great example of why we all need to read our policies and EOC's for ourselves. The supposed "experts" got it wrong. As I keep saying, no one cares about this more than you.

Yeah Robs, you're a dude NOW, but with the right medical team...

With the exception of my OB/GYN of course..:D......guess that really would splane a lot though. Especially regarding my mood swings and such....

BTW...Hey Larra, I thought you were suppose to be the "sweet one"?

Last edited:
Just came across this thread - it's been a terrible, horrible, rotten no-good week.

First, welcome Purple Frog!

Second, I just wanted to touch upon the topic of sleep apnea. I never knew I had it until my DS surgeon insisted I have a test. It's the practice policy there that anyone with sleep apnea has to be on a CPAP for at least 30 days prior to surgery. In any case, I grumbled about the requirement because at the time, I had three superpowers: (1) the ability to fall asleep on demand anytime, anywhere; (2) the ability to serve as my own flotation device (no need to take that airplane seat cushion out for me!); and (3) the ability to generate static electricity and "zap" myself and others. I perceived myself as being a great sleeper who never suffered from the insomnia my friends would experience and I felt I was well-rested albeit with a bit of a caffeine habit. Turns out these are symptoms of sleep apnea, of which I had a very severe case. The first few weeks with the CPAP were torture, but once I adjusted, I felt energy like I hadn't experienced since childhood. It was amazing.

Please get tested! :)

Wishing you all the best! Hilary

Thank you, Diana! I just called and they are closed for the weekend. I'll try again Monday.
It's federal so I'm thinking fully funded, but I'm honestly not sure what those 2 terms even mean. I googled, but that didn't help much.
I always feel like I can be/sound more assertive if I know wtf I'm talking about.
I agree totally Purple Frog. I recently had a sleep study done to prepare paperwork for my insurance to approve my VSG. I was told by the clinic that it was covered at 100% to get a bill the other day for $500. It must be new math!

Latest posts

Back