Hi from Mississippi!

Kristy

Hi! I am Kristy, 38y/o and will be having VSG on 8/25!! I have never had surgery, of any kind, and am quite nervous about it... But, I am SO excited to start my journey of getting healthy!!!! Current weight 225#... Highest weight 252#..... Goal.... I haven't really set a goal in stone... I'm looking for 160, I think. I just want to be healthy and able to enjoy life and my job more!

My husband is also having VSG on 9/28.... His current weight is 362#, his highest 385#. His BMI 53 We are both ready to begin the journey!!!

Any advice, suggestions, support is greatly appreciated! I'm anxious about post op meal planning. I've never been a planner. Although I am quite OCD with everything else! (Which is probably what got me to where I am!!!). It's all about to change though!!!

So happy to have a forum like this to be a part of!! Thanks!!! Id love to hear more about everyone's stories!!!!

Hi! I am Kristy, 38y/o and will be having VSG on 8/25!! I have never had surgery, of any kind, and am quite nervous about it... But, I am SO excited to start my journey of getting healthy!!!! Current weight 225#... Highest weight 252#..... Goal.... I haven't really set a goal in stone... I'm looking for 160, I think. I just want to be healthy and able to enjoy life and my job more!

My husband is also having VSG on 9/28.... His current weight is 362#, his highest 385#. His BMI 53 We are both ready to begin the journey!!!

Any advice, suggestions, support is greatly appreciated! I'm anxious about post op meal planning. I've never been a planner. Although I am quite OCD with everything else! (Which is probably what got me to where I am!!!). It's all about to change though!!!

So happy to have a forum like this to be a part of!! Thanks!!! Id love to hear more about everyone's stories!!!!
Hi Kristi,

Welcome and good luck to you. I didn't catch your BMI but if your husband's is 53 I have to ask, has he considered the DS? With that high of a BMI his numbers suggest that the DS might be the best option as he has significant weight to lose and keep off.

Hi Kristy. Welcome! :) Looking forward to learning more about your journey. I'd also encourage researching the duodenal switch for your husband, given his BMI of 53, long term weight loss maintenance may be very difficult for him in the absence of some malabsorptive element.

Hi Mississippi,

CONGRATULATIONS. The DS is a great surgery for those you have sever comorbid, a lot of weight to loose and/or a jacked up metabolism. I understand how it feels to have a surgery date and be excited and literally 1 week before my surgery people telling me your getting the wrong surgery get a DS. I cancelled my surgery did the research and decided yup a DS was best for me. I had never heard of a DS.

Latest posts

Back