Hi from Florida

Jules02

I finally found a true DS dr in Dr Smith in Celebration Florida. I met with him yesterday, and I am once again on my way to finally having surgery. My last roadblock was in March, when I had to have back surgery. This was a blessing in disguise, as it gave Dr. Smith time to settle into his new practice and myself from making a HUGE mistake. I'm getting ready to start on the liver shrinking 'diet', continue the hoop dance and hopefully have a surgery date for Dec/Jan.
As I continue my journey, I will continue my education in taking care of myself, for life.

It's so good to know that Dr. Smith is continuing to do the DS in his new practice. He'll be a great resource for people in and near FL. You've found yourself a surgeon with an excellent reputation. Please keep us posted as you move forward.

Welcome, @Jules02
So glad that Dr. Smith is continuing to do the DS. I think the break he took between the time he left Atlanta metro in March til now was just to settle in and get his footing in his new home. The ONE downside is that he left a hole in GA...

Thank you everyone. This is moving really fast. I already have three of my pre op appointments this month.

Hi Jules! Have you had your surgery? If not, its probably scheduled for the next few weeks! I too am looking into Dr Smith, in the beginning stages - I hope to have my consultation in the next week or two and ideally surgery in January. Not sure, as they are still working out their "self pay" program. I will be in Florida from January - April (snowbird) and I'll be looking for updates on your progress. All the best!

Latest posts

Back