Hi All!!

Discussion in 'Say hello!' started by shelly culver, Jul 10, 2018 at 10:10 AM.

shelly culver

shelly culver Member

I am 15 years post op open RNY. Started gaining weight about a year ago, severe heart burn and pain. Surgeon found fistula and hiatal hernia. Meeting with her on Jul 17th for options. I am just looking for support and those of you who may have been through this.
    Peace & Grace Shelly

Remingtonh likes this.
    Munchkin

Munchkin Full of Fairy Dust

Welcome Shelly!

JackieOnLine

JackieOnLine Moderator Staff Member

Hi, Shelly, glad to see you here.

:welcome:

shelly culver likes this.
    Larra

Larra Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome! I'm glad to see you here. I don't recall anyone here having your specific complication, but there are several people who, for other good reasons, revised from gastric bypass to the DS, and you might want to start a thread asking for their input.

I know from your communication … elsewhere...that you have a surgeon you like and trust, and that's great, but keep in mind that if your surgeon doesn't do the DS, that option won't be offered to you. If you have some other option that is what you want, great, but if not, you will need to look elsewhere. In any event, I always think it's best to know and consider all your options to come to an informed decision.

JackieOnLine and shelly culver like this.
    shelly culver

shelly culver Member

Hi Munchkin! Thanks for the welcome

shelly culver

shelly culver Member

Ok..verse me on how to start threads etc... I do not do social media or threads...my kids are like mom you are so old! lol Larra...you have been great! Thanks

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Welcome shelly culvershelly culver
    To start a new thread, locate the forum you want. Click on it. Once in the forum you want, on the right hand side (you might have to scroll down a bit), you will see in an orange rectangle “Post New Thread”. Click it and a box comes up for you to type in your post. Give it a title (being descriptive helps but not excessively wordy). Then hit Post Reply. You should see it working to post at the very top right. Give it a min. Hitting post reply again can end up with duplicates.

I suspect you want the revision forum.

shelly culver

shelly culver Member

Thank you...everyone has been so kind and helpful!

hilary1617

hilary1617 First time at the rodeo.

Hi and welcome shelly culvershelly culver ! I'm so sorry to hear of your fistula and hope it is resolved soon. All the best!