Hernia.

Good luck. I'm having my incisional hernia done Monday. Along with getting my GB removed and a tummy tuck. Sounds like good times for all!
Good luck. I'm having my incisional hernia done Monday. Along with getting my GB removed and a tummy tuck. Sounds like good times for all!
Thanks Mark.. And good luck to you on monday.It's not that bad. I have had worse. But thank God for pain meds...lol...

Good luck, @countryham
Let us know how you are doing when you can.
Thank you Ma'am. I am home taking my pain peds like a good boy. I wanted to wait until I lost more weight but the Dr said it would be to dangerous He said the tear was to big. I really appreciate all the kind words you are a good group of people thanks .

Hope everyone is doing well. I am having another open ventral hernia repair on the 24th. I had a biologic mesh with my first open repair, less than a year ago. This time the surgeon will use a permanent mesh. this will be abdominal surgery #9. The surgery I had last year was a difficult recovery.

Wow !! This is the hernia group!! I just had mine repaired open with mesh. It was no biggie other than it was done at a surgery center and they sent me home stoned out of my head and I ended up in the ED for the night cause I was trying to stop breathing in my sleep. I have no pain but I have a great big fluid swelling on my already fat jiggly belly. I'm considering go bac to make sure that's normal. I think it's a big seroma and I'm wondering if it will just be reabsorbed? I wanted the works too but I'll have to save that one for another time.

Wow !! This is the hernia group!! I just had mine repaired open with mesh. It was no biggie other than it was done at a surgery center and they sent me home stoned out of my head and I ended up in the ED for the night cause I was trying to stop breathing in my sleep. I have no pain but I have a great big fluid swelling on my already fat jiggly belly. I'm considering go bac to make sure that's normal. I think it's a big seroma and I'm wondering if it will just be reabsorbed? I wanted the works too but I'll have to save that one for another time.
Glad you are doing well Cara.. I am in a lot of pain but I think it is mainly gas. At least that is what I am hoping. I take several short walks a day, helps a little.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am having another open ventral hernia repair on the 24th. I had a biologic mesh with my first open repair, less than a year ago. This time the surgeon will use a permanent mesh. this will be abdominal surgery #9. The surgery I had last year was a difficult recovery.
praying for you.....uggggh

Son.Of.A.Bitch. I really was not planning to have surgery. I was mostly placating my husband because the pain I have occasionally (2-3 times/month) is really sharp, and I hadn't had the hernia looked at for 3 years. But my REAL reason for going to see the surgeon was to push my husband into having his inguinal hernia looked at again - he's had it repaired twice, and the repairs failed again. So I made back-to-back appointments with the surgeon.

What I figured would happen is that my CT would show no urgent issues, but the surgeon would agree that Charles' situation was more urgent and he could get it fixed this summer, while it's too hot to do anything here in Phoenix, and he'd be healed by the fall. My reading of my CT scan (not that I know what I'm looking at) and then the report from the radiologist yesterday (mesenteric fat in the hernia, not bowel) was consistent with what I thought.

That's not how the appointment went today. Basically, the surgeon said Charles could continue with watchful waiting, but I should consider getting the hernia fixed sooner rather than later - preferably while I'm "younger and healthier" (I'll be 64 next month). I told him about my "plan" that if I had to have the hernia fixed, then I'd want to do an abdominoplasty at the same time - he heartily endorsed that plan, and said it would be a better fix than the mesh and component separation he was planning to do - and that he would recommend me to one of two plastic surgeons he knew who could do both in one procedure by themselves. And the goose egg sized lipoma on my right flank too.

I'm really not in the mood to do this - I'm scared of the recovery. And having a flat stomach and saggy ass and thighs is just going to give me that "replaced the carpet and now the drapes look shabby" look. But I guess I'd better get started ASAP - we've met our deductible and it restarts September 1st.

Dammit.

Latest posts

Back