Help I've fallen and cant get up

They initially said they thought it was because of the low bp. I called and have an appt Thursday. I am just gonna bite the bullet and go to urgent care when my children get back from their job interview in a little bit.

@ Spikybugger I have a walker I've been using to get up of the toilet and other various things since I don't want my son to have to endure the smell trying to help me up.
@Charris : Why are you waiting for urgent care and not getting to the ER? Why are you putting this stuff off and off and off? What is missing in the equation of your medical care? It seems to be one fuckup after another, and it seems like everyone in your life gets your attention and care except YOU.

I am not trying to point any fingers here, but I am observing a pattern of what appears to be seriously deficient followthrough on your really serious medical problems. Shit is hitting the fan everywhere, and somehow shit isn't getting handled. WHY?

ETA: I want you to remember that I am NOT kicking your ass here, k? I'm SCARED for you and want you to get some real and lasting help, with real followthrough. You DESERVE it.

Last edited:
Hello I went to hospital. My blood pressure once again was too low and so was my sugar. My pulse was high. They gave me more fluids of course. My parathyroid was too low. When i went for this last surgery it was too high. D and A are low. My protein was normal but low at I believe 7 something. They told me to call and make an appointment with endo and hemo doctors.

Hello I went to hospital. My blood pressure once again was too low and so was my sugar. My pulse was high. They gave me more fluids of course. My parathyroid was too low. When i went for this last surgery it was too high. D and A are low. My protein was normal but low at I believe 7 something. They told me to call and make an appointment with endo and hemo doctors.
Glad you are back...I don't know enough to comment on labs...except...

RnY and DS patients confuse doctors who don't know our situation. I have a page bookmarked. And will find it if you need it.

I have REPEATEDLY been diagnosed with parathyroid issues because the docs don't understand that we can have system-wide deficiencies that can make the parathyroid gland go into overdrive. BUT THAT IS WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO. Don't let anyone convince you that you need surgery until you are SURE they understand your situation.

GO. TO. A. NEUROLOGIST. RIGHT. NOW. I am deeply concerned that you and the ER docs are focusing on the WRONG damned things. Please just DO THIS, pretty please.

GO. TO. A. NEUROLOGIST. RIGHT. NOW. I am deeply concerned that you and the ER docs are focusing on the WRONG damned things. Please just DO THIS, pretty please.
Maybe, if you had someone on the phone with you at the appointment? Someone who can explain in Doctor-Talk what the issues with a DS patient might be.

I believe I am the ONLY DS patient ANY of our doctors (and we have/have had several) have met. They really have ZERO experience with us.

@Charris, I agree that you should see a neurologist ASAP.

I have low blood pressure and low blood sugar which results in fainting, for which my PCP has me drinking 4 bottles of real strength Gatorade a day. This has actually proven successful in keeping me conscious. I do NOT have any issues lifting my legs (despite the fact they are heavy/swollen), nor have I become dead weight, nor do I need a walker. These three additional symptoms you are experiencing are not associated with basic old-fashioned fainting spells. These need to be reviewed and addressed ASAP by someone who has a specialized understanding brain and nervous system.

Please, please, please go to a neuro! Sure, also go to hemo, endo - but neuro is key!

Last edited:
I will call around and see if there is another neurological dr that can get me in earlier than the appt next week

Latest posts

Back