Hello - So glad I found you!

WildGoose

Hello: I found this site quite by accident, and I'm happy to be here. I'm 61. I had my RNY on October 28, 2014 at Community Hospital in Monterey California. It took me just about one year from the time I attending my surgeon's introductory talk to the day of surgery. I had some interruptions along the way, like a diagnosis of Uterine Cancer that required a hysterectomy. Then I needed a colonoscopy for which I had to wait four months! By the time of surgery, I was very ready.

I just reached "8 weeks out" and have lost 32 lbs so far. From the date of the liquid diet, it is 52 lbs. I notice such a difference already. The process now is very hard. I learn to eat with my new stomach and to let my body be my teacher. I am so grateful.

Glad you found us! My surgeon was a good cutter, but lousy post op advice, so I end up getting my information from places like this. When you find foods that don't agree, can't read what's wrong on your labs or your farts start peeling off the wallpaper (sorry if TMI, but it's a common topic on WLS sites) then this is the place I get help. Hope to see you around!

Welcome! There are not terribly many RNYers here, but lots of us know about RNY living, either from experience or from book learning. Glad you are here to tell the story. Those are some BIG "distractions". I had an urgent total hystie almost 11 years ago. The docs expected to find very advanced ovarian cancer, but it was all benign, thank heavens. I was a textbook PCOS case, full of an incredible colony of aliens.

I wasn't able to take any kind of hormone therapy due to heart and lung risks, so it's not a lot of fun sometimes. But I'm glad to be alive and very glad to be rid of those parts :).

Latest posts

Back