Hello from the SF Bay Area

Hello Kassandra. Wrlcome and please listen to these ladies. The DS is the only WLS that has great maintenance results (the weight stays off) and if you like eating, well you can't do much of that with the sleeve and expect to lose weight and keep it off. The switch is the key to the best long term chance at keeping off the weight and the weight you mentioned would make you a very strong DS candidate. Go talk to Rabkin .

Welcome @Kassandra with that kind of weight to loose I would want the surgery that would get me as close to normal as possible. If you get a sleeve and dont loose what you need you can try to get the switch portion for a DS. However, I've heard @DianaCox say many times the synergy of the sleeve and switch at the same has greater results. Plus to be close to one of the top DS doctor and be able to get him it's a win win situation. Also remember as Larra stated if you get sleeved and need the switch your insurance will not pay for it. You have the two best people telling you about how to get what you need Diana and Larrabee are awesome. Good luck Glad you found us!

Thank you @Charris , and I agree and that is why I am moving into the DS direction. My main concern has always been the modification of my body and how that will affect things in the long term, but in researching it seems people (as long as they follow the appropriate aftercare) have much success which is what I want as well :)

Latest posts

Back