Hello from Psychomom

Yes, please add me to the forum calendar. In my defense, I only gave birth to 2 of the kids. The rest are stepkids from two marriages--my first husband passed away and I still claim his two kids, my husband had 7 kids with his ex--not all are his, but he still raised them and claim them so they're mine, and we adopted one. We only have our adopted daughter at home, but holidays are so much fun!

My daughter's boyfriend is an only child with 13 step- or half-siblings. His six-year-old has WAY too many "grandparents." (Too many because they all want her at the same time.)

I'm surprised that no one has heard of Dr. Syn. He's the foremost bariatric surgeon in Lubbock, TX with decades of experience. I personally know over a dozen people that he has done this procedure on that not only survived, but have thrived from this procedure. He's a very nice man and very respected in our area of the woods. That being said, I appreciate everyone looking out for me. I checked out several doctors in my area and they all said they same thing--if I want a DS, I have to go to Dr. Syn because he's the only doctor in our area with the experience and expertise to do it right. My only complaint about Dr. Syn is that he does not have a support group affiliated with his office--he recommends that his patients meet with a counselor on an individual basis. But, no other bariatric doctor in my area has a support group either.
That's because for a LONG time there was only ONE DS surgeon in all of Texas...Dr. Daryl Stewart in Denton/Frisco. He had a partner join him in the last few years before he passed away. Dr. Ayoola, his partner, was vetted shortly after by a DSer who was also a PCP.

I've heard the name of Dr. Syn but Dr. Ayoola is still the well known option for Texas as we've seen some real bait and don't switch in Texas as well. Sounds like Dr. Syn is one to keep a watch on as it sounds like he may be a good option as well. Just be sure that you are clear on your consent form that it is to be the two anastomosis DS and make sure you get a copy of the operative report for your files afterward. (Everyone should have that cause things happen...like moving out of the area, dr retiring, dr passing away, etc.

Welcome... Your surgery will be here before you know it, and if you're anything like the rest of us, your only regret will be waiting until now to do it.

Best of luck - and know that you can ask ANYTHING on this forum, there is no such thing as TMI or a crazy question, we have all had them :)

Hi @Psychomom and welcome. I'm still a newb around here but I can tell you that I've learned tons here in the past few months. I'm a DSer in training--my surgery should be sometime this spring if all goes well with insurance, etc. I'm in the middle of my 6 month insurance mandated diet. It's great that you are comfortable with your surgeon and you feel good about your choice. I think that is a huge part of the leap into WLS. Nice to cyber meet you :)

Latest posts

Back