Hello from Illinois

Joyouslyme

I was banded in 2007. I'm seeking a revision to the DS, due to esophageal issues. I'm so happy that a great person told me about this site.

Welcome! I was banded in 2008 and I had my revision to DS in October 2015. Life is SO much better without that doggone band! I am finally able to eat dense protein again without throwing up LOL

Glad you found us - there is a plethora of good information to be found here. Again, welcome!

Well hi there! Glad you made it here. You mentioned the surgery wars, you will find some of the veterans of those wars here, as well as a lot of great new people. Good luck as you move towards your revision to DS.

Hi and welcome @Joyouslyme What part of Illinois? I live in the Peoria area and Dr Marshal screwed up my channel lengths on my virgin DS so I had to be revised to lengthen my channels so I wasn't so malnourished. I went to the best Bariatric Revision surgeon in the world, Dr Ara Keshishian dssrurgery.com. It was worth every penny of travel expense because there is nobody out there like him. We trade emails all the time and he answers virtually anytime day or night within a very short period of time (often minutes - if not in the OR).

A revision is a very difficult surgery and very few surgeons are qualified to do it. Please seek out the best and feel free to ask us tons of questions.

Well hi there! Glad you made it here. You mentioned the surgery wars, you will find some of the veterans of those wars here, as well as a lot of great new people. Good luck as you move towards your revision to DS.
Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back