heatwave!

JackieOnLine

Staff member
here in the PNW the predicted highs are over 100 for an entire week in the town where I work, and also really hot where I now live.

I work in The Dalles, OR and the high predicted for Tuesday is 117! I am so anxious about this, it feels very scary to me. power outages, wildfires, all kind of bad things can happen.

I never saw temps that high living in Nevada! :frown:

we are in a bad drought, too, and it tends to get very windy here. wildfires are likely to be bad this year.

We had several 118° days in Phoenix last week. I’m already done with summer here.

But we have two A/Cs and solar.

Dad will start immunotherapy next week for his bladder cancer. Once he had two doses two weeks apart, and he’s doing OK, we’re heading for CA for several weeks in our RV. 80s during the day, 50s at night. Sleeping with open windows.

I'm glad your Dad is doing OK so far, Diana.

Sleeping with open windows
that's the best and so far I have been able to do this, but likely that's over as of last night, at least for a week. I moved up to 1700 elevation so it's better than in town. now I need to shop* for an AWD or 4WD for winter.

I am luckily I have 2 AC window units but even with all the fans, it's an attic I live in and 2 of the rooms are pretty hot pockets. if the power goes out it's going to be ugly.

* I talked to a salesman at the dealership when I was in there and ended up test driving a 2020 Rav4. I was never going to buy it, but they thought I was and it was very interesting how they reacted once it was clear I wasn't going for their extremely low trade in allowance and a car loan offer where the interest rate wasn't mentioned.

:mad:

Stay cool PNW!

I returned from an 8-day river rafting trip in the Grand Canyon a few days ago. It was an AMAZING bucket list trip but the heat was the highest I’ve ever experienced. I think it got up to 120 degrees on multiple days. Thank god for the cold river water to douse myself in. However, I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

Latest posts

Back