Happy 2016 and ~6m update

DBmom23

hello everyone--hope you are ringing in the new year with confidence, joy and gusto.

It is hard to believe it has been 6.5 months since my DS. This board has been so amazingly helpful even over the last few months when I've been so busy with work and just lurked right before closing my eyes a night.

I am down 70 lbs from my highest weight and 63 lbs from my surgery weight. Hit my goal weight and am trying to go past based on everyone's advice re regain. Plus I have found this way of eating--focusing on protein, avoiding carbs and ignoring fat really suits me. Of course every now and then, esp around these holidays, I have eaten what I shouldn't have, but the crazy cravings and binging have that used to haunt me have not returned which feels like an incredible blessing.

For those of you contemplating the DS vs other surgeries, all I can say is that going with the most scientifically proven surgery makes the most sense. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to have to fight the regain so commonly seen with VSG and RNY. Plus, maybe I've been lucky, but I have no issues with bathroom stuff in terms of near misses or unpredictability. It just feels all good and that's such a weird thing for me to get used to but I am trying!

Very best wishes to you all.

Happpy New Year to you and everyone else! I'm so glad your surgery has worked out so well for you. Wishing you the best in the coming year.

Latest posts

Back